This report provides a concise overview of the Male Toiletries market in Australia. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends that will drive its evolution and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behaviour, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Male Toiletries sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analysing the market dynamics of major Male Toiletries categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private label across Male Toiletries categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the Male Toiletries sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Australian Male Toiletries sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Increasing awareness of grooming habits means the Male Toiletries market is split into two: the mature, slow growing Disposable Razors and Blades category, and the faster growth in Pre- and Post-Shave Cosmetics, as men adopt more complex and increasing varied grooming routines.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Australian men are taking greater pride in their appearance and taking care of themselves more than ever, which are primary reasons for the growth in Males Toiletries Market. Australian Males are moving towards more comfortable shaving solutions which suit their specific skin sensitivities, moving away from traditional water, barbers razor and blade for shaving needs.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Australian Male Toiletries sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Male Toiletries categories and their packaging.
Reasons To Buy
After Shave and Post-Shave Cosmetics are increasingly targeting a broader range of the facial skincare needs of men, as shaving becomes part of more holistic personal care routines.
Technological Innovation, such as razor design, will offer close and comfortable shaving solutions and is helping Men's Disposable Razors & Blades to grow in share. Cosmetics innovations are also helping Pre-Shave Cosmetics to grow faster.
Private label products are available in the Men’s Disposable Razors & Blades category in standard variants, and are expected to increase in light of the concentrated retail environment in Australia.
In-store promotion plays a crucial role in driving sales of disposable razor and blades products, while dedicated Men’s grooming sections will help drive sales of Pre- and Post-Shave products, offering good value for money.
- Australia’s population is aging, and male consumers are becoming more conscious of grooming
- Health and Beauty growth will be concentrated in national chains
- Convenience of purchasing plays a major role in the sale of Male Toiletries
- Men seeking comfort and an increased beauty consciousness are driving the shaving products market in Australia
- Retailers are targeting value for money conscious consumers with Private Label strategy
- Untapped potential in the Australian Men's grooming market
- Lifestyle change and growing grooming consciousness impacting category winners and losers
- Fluctuating exchange rates have added complexity to the Australian Male Toiletries market
- Post-Shave and Aftershave products will explore Facial Care category of Male Skincare Market
- Innovation to provide shaving comfort driving category growth in Men's Disposable Razors & Blades and Pre-Shave Cosmetics
Brands & Private Labels
- Retailers exploring Male Toiletries space with affordable Private Label options
- Key brands by category
- Disposable Razors & Blade’s high volume share is creating demand for Rigid Plastic and Flexible Packaging Bags/Sachets
- Higher growth of Pre- and Post-Shave cosmetics will drive demand for Bottle, Aerosol and Tube pack type
Future Outlook– four key trends in Australia’s Male Toiletries sector
- Online /subscription based shopping can impact market dynamics
- Natural and Organic consumerism is gaining momentum
- Post-Shave Cosmetics will further explore Facial Care category
- Threat from Electric Substitutes
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List of Tables
List Of Figures