'Cellular M2M Services in Latin America: Redefining the Role of Mobile Operators,' a Telecom Insider Report by Pyramid Research, looks at the cellular M2M opportunity in Latin America. It focuses on the role mobile operators play within the M2M value chain to help them identify M2M strategies, and it analyzes the M2M opportunity on both the demand and supply sides. The first section of the report examines the major forces driving and inhibiting the demand and supply of M2M services; it then sizes the M2M market covering seven vertical application categories: telematics/fleet management, utilities/smart city, security, industrial, financial/retail, health and consumer electronics. The report also presents case studies from Latin America. We conclude with a summary of key findings and recommendations.
- The cellular M2M market in Latin America is booming: Pyramid Research expects the market to grow from US$ 4.6bn in 2014 to nearly US$ 8.2bn by the end of 2019, at a CAGR of 12%. Growth will be driven by the adoption of new regulations and policies, the migration of 2G networks and greater availability of M2M value-added-services (VAS) provided by mobile operators in partnership with technology vendors, local service integrators and vertical specialists. Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Mexico will account for 81% of total M2M connections in Latin America in 2014.
- The expanded availability of vertical offerings is transforming the vertical ecosystems in all major Latin American countries. Among the seven M2M verticals, telematics and fleet management is the most important, and leading operators are looking to sign exclusive agreements with vehicle OEMs, service integrators and vertical specialist to introduce M2M VAS for the telematics and fleet management sector.
- To create customer value through innovation, Latin American mobile operators are shifting from a pure M2M connectivity services model to an M2M VAS model. Also, in order to accelerate time to market and compete more effectively in the M2M space, operators are partnering with M2M platform vendors.
- Movistar/Vivo and Claro/Telcel are the more mature M2M mobile operators. Both companies have expanded their activities in the M2M value chain beyond connectivity services, increasing the profitability of their cellular M2M businesses.
'Cellular M2M Services in Latin America: Redefining the Role of Mobile Operators,' a new Telecom Insider Report by Pyramid Research, looks at the cellular M2M opportunity in Latin America. It focuses on the role of mobile operators within the M2M value chain to help them identify effective M2M strategies. Our methodology consists of analyzing the M2M opportunity from both the demand and supply sides, through a full understanding of the characteristics, processes, pain points and behavioral drivers of customers as well as service providers.
The first section of the Insider analyzes the major forces driving and inhibiting the adoption of M2M services in the region and studies the role mobile operators play within each industry value chain. The report then examines and sizes the M2M market at a regional level and evaluates the potential for M2M within seven vertical application categories: telematics and fleet management, utilities and smart cities, security, industrial, financial and retail, health, and consumer electronics. The report also presents case studies that provide in-depth views of what specific players are doing in the telematics and fleet management market in Brazil as well as in the utility and smart city market in Chile. We conclude with a summary of key findings and a set of recommendations.
Reasons To Buy
- This Telecom insider helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of Latin America's cellular M2M markets based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on cellular M2M markets, with the telematics and fleet management, utilities and smart cities, security, industrial, financial and retail, health and consumer electronics examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Latin America.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Latin American cellular M2M services market to operators, vendors and investors.