Commercial Drones are unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) usually refers to an aircraft which can fly without any direct human intervention guided by remote device and is primarily used to do tasks that involve high risk of human life. The occurrence of incidents such as natural disaster and public unrest in the past has largely necessitated the use of commercial drones in aerial surveillances. Commercial drones have extensive applications in law enforcement search, surveillance & rescue in natural calamities, emergency response, high altitude imaging, forest fire monitoring, delivery of humanitarian aid, flood mapping, petroleum spill monitoring & internet connectivity.The high demand of these commercial drones for various commercial applications, recent technological enhancements and the increasing adoption rate of these commercial drones by law enforcement agencies are the key factors that drive the growth of the commercial drones market. However, stringent government regulations, scarcity of qualified pilots along with different security & safety concerns hamper the growth of the market. Furthermore, increasingly complex air traffic management is a key restraining factor. Low operational cost of these equipment along with the high demand of the drones for monitoring terrorist activities are the factors that will offer ample growth opportunities in the commercial drones market. The issue of manufacturing low cost as well as reliable commercial drones along with the development of automated commercial drones are key market challenges.
The low rate of commercialization of these drones is a key market challenge to be overcome by key market players to consolidate their market positions.The report segments the world commercial drones market on the basis of types, technology, application and geography. On the basis of types, the market is segmented into fixed wing, rotary blade, nano and hybrid. On the basis of types, the fixed wing market is further segmented into light fixed wing and heavy fixed wing, while the rotary blade is further segmented into multi-rotor VTOL and single-rotor VTOL. Based on technology, the market is segmented into energy and propulsion systems, automation, cyber-security and jamming, collision avoidance, on-board data processing, communication data links and radio frequency spectrum capacity. On the basis of application, the market is segmented into Law Enforcement, Police, Civil Security, Energy Sector, Oil and Gas, and Electrical Grids/Distribution Networks. On the basis of geography, the market is segmented into Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (ROW).
Key market players extensively profiled in the report are Airware Inc, Drone Deploy, DJI, Precision Hawk Inc, SenseFly ltd, 3D robotics, VDOS Global, Trimble UAS, and AeroVironment (U.S.).
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future market trends and emerging avenues for the growth of the market globally.
- The report offers an extensive analysis of government regulations related to commercial drones in different countries and its impact on their adoption rate in these countries.
- The report offers an insight into competitive landscape in terms of new technological developments, untapped segments, and value chain analysis.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report analyses the top impacting factors in detail and offers adoption rate analysis of the market on the basis of different segment across different countries.
- Porters Five Forces analysis is offered in the report along with highlighting bargaining power of buyers and suppliers.
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key market players, and highlights market share of key vendors.
- The report offers information on the status of new projects along with offering investment feasibility analysis of the same.
COMMERCIAL DRONE MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
Commercial Drones Market By Type
- Fixed Wing
- Light Fixed Wing
- Heavy Fixed Wing
- Rotary Blade
- Multi-Rotor VTOL
- Single-Rotor VTOL
Commercial Drones Market By Technology
- Energy and Propulsion Systems
- Collision Avoidance
- Cyber-Security and Jamming
- On-Board Data Processing
- Communication Data Links and Radio Frequency Spectrum Capacity
Commercial Drones Market By Application
- Law Enforcement
- Civil Security
- Energy Sector
- Oil and Gas
- Electrical Grids/Distribution Networks
- Agriculture Forestry and Fisheries
- Field Inspection
- Crop Dusting
- Manufacturing Sector
- Media and Entertainment
- Scientific Research and Environmental Missions.
Commercial Drones Market By Geography
- New Zealand
- Middle East