Despite difficult market conditions, there have been high levels of innovation in the chocolate category, which has evolved in line with consumers' complex and dynamic needs. This brief outlines the most important consumer and product trends impacting the chocolate category globally, using Canadean's TrendSights mega-trend framework as a basis to organize the key themes covered.
- Each section is introduced with a concise SWOT analysis that outlines how each TrendSights mega-trend can be applied to the chocolate category.
- Consumer insight analysis covering 24 countries globally highlights the key attitudes and behaviors that drive consumers' chocolate preferences.
- Draw inspiration from numerous case studies and product examples throughout the brief that showcase best-in-class innovations in chocolate.
Reasons To Buy
- How do Canadean's mega-trends apply specifically to the category? How is this likely to evolve over the next few years?
- Where is innovation occurring in chocolate and what does it look like?
- Is sustainable packaging a "nice to have" or a "must have" in the chocolate space?
- What are the opportunities and challenges in the functional chocolate space?
- What are the key areas of future growth in the category?
Dessert and bakery products are crossing over into the chocolate category. Innovation in seasonal products is evolving beyond traditional flavors to include unconventional products like pumpkin spice.
The potential for fairly traded chocolate in emerging markets should not be overlooked. Nearly a quarter of emerging market consumers find it reasonable to charge more than 10% extra for a fair-trade product.