This report brings together market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Prepared Meals sector in Japan. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Prepared Meals categories and their packaging.
• Japan is one of the largest markets for Prepared Meals in Asia and will register moderate sales growth during 2013–2018.
• Ready Meals is the largest category by value and volume, and dominates the market sales of Prepared Meals.
• Busy Lives and Indulgence are the leading trends that drive sales in the Prepared Meals market in Japan.
• Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging material in Japan’s Prepared Meals market.
• Rising health concerns will influence consumers to purchase low calorie products.
Japan, known for its convenience living, is one of the largest markets for Prepared Meals in Asia. Ready Meals is the largest category by value and volume sales and is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2013–2018. Declining birth rates and rising numbers of elderly consumers means manufacturers will have to launch products that cater to the needs of the older population. Rising health concerns will lead consumers to seek out products that are low in fat and made with natural ingredients.
Reasons To Buy
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Japanese Prepared Meals sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
Table Of Contents Country Context
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
Company and Private Label Share
Examples of New Product Development
Appendix List Of Tables NA List Of Figures NA