Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in China’s Bakery & Cereals Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Bakery & Cereals Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Chinese market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Bakery & Cereals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for China and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Bakery & Cereals consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
• Examples of international and China-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
• China’s Bakery & Cereals market is the largest market worldwide by volume
• Quality is the primary driver of the Bakery & Cereals market, motivating over two-fifth of consumption
• Pre-Mid-Lifers are the key consumers of Bakery & Cereals products in China
• Chinese consumers select Bakery & Cereals based on their ability to meet life stage related needs.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Chinese Bakery & Cereals consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Bakery & Cereals sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
• Freshness and convenience are the key drivers of Bakery & Cereal consumption in China
• Chinese Bakery & Cereals market currently valued at CNY183.9 billion will witness high growth in the next five years
• The Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies category accounts for 44% of all volume sold in the Chinese Bakery & Cereals market in 2013
• There were 281.1 billion Bakery & Cereals occasions in China in 2012, with the highest occasions witnessed amongst Older Consumers and males
• The Chinese Bakery & Cereals market is the largest in terms of volume
• China’s Bakery & Cereals market is globally the fastest growing in terms of volume
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
• Chinese men over-consume more Bakery & Cereal products compared to women
• Older Consumers are under-consuming Bakery & Cereal products while Pre-Mid-Lifers continue to over-consume
• Chinese men and women exhibit a similar consumption frequency pattern
• Pre-Mid-Lifers are ‘heavy frequency’ consumers of Bakery & Cereal products
Consumer trend analysis
• Quality Seeking is one of the key factors influencing consumption of Bakery & Cereals in China
• Comparing consumer trends influence on consumption of Bakery & Cereal products across major markets
• The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: Changing Lifestage patterns in China are driving demand for on-the-go products
• The Connectivity mega-trend: Cultural influence shapes consumption habits in China
• The Convenience mega-trend: The Busy lifestyles of consumers is an important motivator driving on-the-go bakery products consumption
• The Ethics mega-trend: Ethical and environmental issues alone cannot motivate consumers in choosing Bakery & Cereal products
• The Experience & Enjoyment mega-trend: Chinese consumers are highly driven by a desire for quality
• The Health & Wellness mega-trend: Consumers are not looking Bakery & Cereal products for their health benefits
• The Individuality mega-trend: Desire for personal time and relaxation drives consumption of bakery products
• The Trust mega-trend: Product safety is a major influencer of Chinese consumption
• The Value mega-trend: Consumers perceive Quality as adding value
• Manufacturers of Bakery & Cereals are innovating across categories to target growing needs of the Chinese consumers
• Manufacturers across the globe are focusing on innovative formulation, positioning and packaging
• Manufacturers need to develop Bakery & Cereals products to meet the age needs of Chinese consumers
• Manufacturers need to develop products that build consumer trust, offer novel experiences, and have strong branding
• An explanation of the sub-trends
• Detailed methodology
• About Canadean
List Of Tables
List Of Figures