Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Brazilian Ice Cream Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
• Consumers aged 0-15 are the main consumer group for Ice Cream in Brazil
• Brazil’s Ice Cream market is the fourth fastest growing by volume globally
• Consumption of Ice Cream is largely driven by the desire for products to accompany moments of fun and relaxation
• Despite the growing affluence of the Brazilian population and declining poverty levels, value for money remains important
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Brazilian Ice Cream Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Brazilian market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Ice Cream, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for Brazil and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Ice Cream consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
• Examples of international and Brazil-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Brazilian Ice Cream consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Ice Cream sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Table of Contents
Category classification and demographic definitions
Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
Consumers are indulging in Ice Cream to relax and have fun
The Brazilian Ice Cream market currently valued at BRL4.4 billion and is expected to witness high growth during 2013-2018
Rising middle class population driving Ice Cream consumption in Brazil
There were 6.1 billion Ice Cream occasions in Brazil in 2012, with the highest occasions witnessed amongst Kids and Babies and Females
Brazilian Ice Cream market is growing at healthy pace both in value and volume terms
Brazil has the highest per capita volume consumption among BRIC nations
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
Brazilian women marginally over-consume
Kids and Babies and Tweens and Early Teens are relatively more inclined to consume Ice Cream products than all adult age groups
Men and Women are observed to follow a similar pattern of Ice Cream consumption in Brazil
Consumers aged between 0-15 years are the most frequent consumers of Ice Cream in Brazil
Consumer trend analysis
A desire for fun and relaxing products is driving Ice Cream consumption in Brazil
Comparing consumer trends influence on Ice Creams consumption across major markets
The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: Consumers look for Ice Cream products suited to their age-needs
The Connectivity mega-trend: Media has a moderate influence on Ice Cream consumption in Brazil
The Convenience mega-trend: Increasingly Busy Lifestyles will re-shape Ice Cream demand
The Ethics mega-trend: Ethical and environmental issues have limited influence on consumption of Ice Creams in Brazil
The Experience and Enjoyment mega-trend: Consumers search for Ice Cream is driven by their desire to seek fun experiences
The Health and Wellness mega-trend: Health and Beauty aspects play limited role in Ice Cream consumption decisions in Brazil
The Individuality mega-trend: Consumers' desire to seek Personal Space and Time drives the consumption of Ice Creams in Brazil
The Trust mega-trend: Brazilian consumers have moderate concerns over product Safety and Trust associated with Ice Cream
The Value mega-trend: Better Value for Money is among the leading trends influencing Ice Cream consumption in Brazil
Manufacturers are innovating across categories to target the growing needs of Brazilian consumers
Global innovations on formulation and packaging can be a source of inspiration for Brazilian manufacturers
Marketing Ice Cream around fun and relaxation is vital for success on the Brazilian Ice Cream Market
Manufacturers need to adjust products to meet changing age- and life-stage related needs
An explanation of the sub-trends
List Of Tables
List Of Figures