Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Italian Savory Snacks Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Italian Food Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Italian market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Savory Snacks, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for Italy and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Savory Snacks consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
• Examples of international and Italy-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
• The Italian Savory Snacks market volume is the smallest across major global markets.
• Hectic lives and economic uncertainty, leading to raised stress levels, will continue to motivate consumption of Savory Snacks in Italy.
• Consumption of Savory Snacks products among Italians was driven by the pursuit of fun and indulgence.
• With an increasing number of consumers aged 55 and over, healthier version of snacks will help to target adjusting eating patterns.
Reasons To Buy
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Italian Food Market brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Italy’s Savory Snacks consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Savory Snacks sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Category classification and demographic definitions
Indulgence and experience seeking are driving the Savory Snacks consumption in Italy
The Italian Savory Snacks market has a value of EUR 806.6 million and is forecast to register steady growth
Potato Chips account for the highest category share by volume in the Italian Savory Snacks market
There were 3.8 billion Savory Snacks occasions in Italy in 2012, with consumption higher among Older Consumers
Italian is a low value low volume Savory Snacks market
The Italian Savory Snacks market is the smallest across major global markets, in volume terms
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
Italian women are over-consuming Savory Snacks compared to males
Older Consumers are under-consuming Savory Snacks
There is a similar consumption frequency pattern among males and females in Italy
Moderate to Heavy consumption is common across all age groups with Heavy consumption highest among Tweens & Early Teens
Consumer trend analysis
Italian consumers seek Savory Snacks that are designed for sharing occasions
Consumer trends influencing Dairy consumption can be compared globally to provide greater context on the degree of influence each trend has
The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: Italian Consumers look for Savory Snacks to meet the needs of their age
The Connectivity mega-trend: Although it is not a primary consumption motivator, Media and Technology can be used to communicate the fun
The Convenience mega-trend: Demand for on the go snacks is on a rise in Italy due to consumer’s busy lifestyles
The Ethics mega-trend: Italian consumers are not highly critical of the ethical and related credentials of Savory Snacks
The Experience & Enjoyment mega-trend: Consumers in Italy desire to seek maximum Fun & Enjoyment in the form of Savory Snacks
The Health & Wellness mega-trend: Fun, taste, and relaxation will remain more important than health concerns when choosing Savory Snacks
The Individuality mega-trend: The need to relish personal moments is driving the demand of Savory Snacks in Italy
The Trust mega-trend: Influence of Trust as a factor has minimal impact on snack purchases in Italy
The Value mega-trend: In an uncertain economic environment, consumers in Italy seek snacks that provide value for money
Manufacturers are innovating across categories to target the growing needs of Italian consumers
Manufacturers are focusing on innovative formulation, positioning, and packaging
Manufacturers should increase low per capita consumption through offering convenience, health, and novel food pairings
Manufacturers need to develop products targeting a fragmenting market
List Of Tables
List Of Figures