Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Spanish Bakery & Cereals Food Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product developments that effectively target the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Spanish Bakery & Cereals Food Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Spanish market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Bakery & Cereals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for Spain and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Bakery & Cereals consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
• Examples of international and Spain-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
• Product choices will continue to reflect aging consumers’ desire for healthy Bakery & Cereal products
• The desire for convenient and quick food will continue to influence consumption behavior in Spain
• Consumption will be further driven by the desire to indulge in innovative bakery products
• Consumers attach significant trust in artisanal baked products so are not concerned about the safety of baked products.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Spanish Bakery & Cereals consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Category classification and demographic definitions
Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
Indulgence, Health & at-home consumption are key drivers of Bakery & Cereals products in Spain
The Bakery & Cereals market in Spain valued at EUR9.0 billion will witness slow growth in the next five years
The Bread & Rolls category accounts for the highest share of all volume sold in Spanish Bakery & Cereals market
There were 27.6 billion Bakery & Cereals occasions in Spain with consumption higher among men and older consumers
The Spanish Bakery & Cereals market is smallest among top 5 EU countries in volume terms
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
Spanish men are over-consuming Bakery & Cereals over their female counterparts
Older consumers are over-consuming Bakery & Cereals while Older young adults continue to under-consume
Males are ‘heavy frequency’ consumers of Bakery & Cereal products
Older Consumers and Tweens & Early Teens follow ‘heavy frequency’ consumption of Bakery & Cereals
Consumer trend analysis
Indulgence is the leading motivational factor in the Spanish Bakery & Cereals market
Comparing Consumer Trends influence on consumption of Bakery & Cereal products across major markets
The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: An aging population driving consumption of Bakery & Cereal products in Spain
The Connectivity mega-trend: traditional connection with Baked products will continue to influence purchase behavior
The Convenience mega-trend: Consumption of quick to consume Bakery & Cereal products are largely driven by busy lives of Spanish consumers
The Ethics mega-trend: : Bakery & Cereals consumption in Spain are least influenced by ethical concerns
The Experience & Enjoyment mega-trend: Consumers desire to ‘indulge’ in Bakery & Cereals is driving its consumption
The Health & Wellness mega-trend: Health has a positive influence on consumers purchase of Bakery & Cereals
The Individuality mega-trend: The demand for Bakery & Cereals is driven by consumers desire to seek Personal Space & Time
The Trust mega-trend: Trust associated with Bakery & Cereal products has little impact in the purchasing decision of Spanish consumers
The Value mega-trend: Better Value for Money plays a major role to influence the purchase decision
Manufacturers of Bakery & Cereals are innovating across categories to target the growing needs of Spanish consumers
Global innovations on formulation and positioning can be a source of inspiration for manufacturers in Spain
An explanation of the sub-trends
List Of Tables
List Of Figures