Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Spanish Prepared Meals Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product developments that effectively target the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
• Busy Lives and the need for convenience is driving Prepared Meals consumption in Spain
• Spanish men are over-consuming Prepared Meals compared to their female counterparts
• Consumption of Prepared Meals is driven by the younger demographics
• The desire to indulge in Prepared Meals is influencing volume consumption in Spain
• The horsemeat scandal will continue to influence purchase patterns of Prepared Meals in Spain
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Spanish Prepared Meals Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Spanish market: The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Prepared Meals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for Spain and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Prepared Meals consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
• Examples of international and Spain-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Spanish Prepared Meals consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Prepared Meals sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Table of Contents
Category classification and demographic definitions
Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
Busy Lives and search for convenience is driving Prepared Meals demand in Spain
The Spanish Prepared Meals market, currently valued at EUR1.5 billion, is forecast to register moderate growth over the next five years
Ready Meals accounts for the highest share of volume consumption in the Spanish Prepared Meals market
There were 739.3 million Prepared Meals occasions in Spain with consumption higher among men and older consumers
The Spanish Prepared Meals market is smallest among European nations, in value terms.
The Spanish Prepared Meals market is forecast to register second highest growth among European nations, in volume terms
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
Spanish males are over-consuming Prepared Meals over their female counterparts
Consumption of Prepared Meals is driven by the Younger demographics
Spanish males are 'heavy frequency' consumers of Prepared Meals
The Spanish younger population follow 'heavy frequency' consumption of Prepared Meals
Consumer trend analysis
Busy Lives is the leading motivational factor in the Spanish Prepared Meals market
Consumer trends influencing Prepared Meals consumption can be compared globally to highlight the degree of influence of each trend
The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: Spanish consumers prefer Prepared Meals that meets the requirements caused by change in lifestages
The Connectivity mega-trend: Media has a positive influence in creating a 'connect' between consumers and the product
The Convenience mega-trend: The Busy Lives of Spanish consumers is the leading motivator for choosing Prepared Meals
The Ethics mega-trend: Prepared Meals consumption in Spain is least influenced by ethical concerns
The Experience and Enjoyment mega-trend: The desire to indulge in Prepared Meals is influencing volume consumption in Spain
The Health and Wellness mega-trend: Health concerns will have limited influence on purchase of Prepared Meals
The Individuality mega-trend: Manufacturers offer a wide gamut of choices to cater to consumers personal taste and preference
The Trust mega-trend: The horsegate scandal will continue to influence purchase pattern of Prepared Meals in Spain
The Value mega-trend: When choosing Prepared Meals, Spanish consumers desire value for money products
Manufacturers of Prepared Meals are innovating across categories to target growing needs of the Spanish consumers
Global innovations on formulation and positioning can be a source of inspiration for Spanish manufacturers
Opportunities lie among single-person households and between the differing needs of adults and children
Manufacturers, marketers, and retailers need to consider changing consumption patterns and marketing opportunities
An explanation of the sub-trends
List Of Tables
List Of Figures