Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Spanish Savory Snacks Food Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product developments that effectively target the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Spanish Savory Snack Food Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Spanish market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Savory Snacks, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for the Spanish and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Savory Snacks consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
• Examples of international and Spain-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
• Demand for indulgent flavors will grow as stressed consumers continue to turn to Savory Snacks for comfort.
• The desire for better value will intensify with continued economic uncertainty, resulting in growing private label penetration.
• There will be an increased demand for healthier Savory Snack options.
• Product choices will reflect consumers’ desire for excitement and convenience driven by their increasing ambitions and aspirations.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Spanish Savory Snacks consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Savory Snacks sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Category classification and demographic definitions
Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
Experimentation and “Me-time” Indulgence are factors driving Savory Snacks consumption
The Spanish Savory Snacks market has a value of €2.2 billion with a moderate sales growth expected over the next five years
The potato chips category accounts for the highest share of all volume sold in the Spanish Savory Snacks market
There was 7.8 billion Savory Snacks occasions in Spain in 2012, with consumption higher amongst men and older consumers
The high value growth compared to volume growth highlights opportunities for premium products in Spain
Spain has high per capita consumption of Savory Snacks
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
Spanish men are over- consuming in the market, indicating the growing popularity of Savory Snacks amongst the large working male population
Older consumers are primarily under-consuming in the Spanish Savory Snacks market
Spanish Males are ‘heavy frequency’ consumers of Savory Snacks
Older Consumers are ‘heavy frequency’ consumers of Savory Snacks
Consumer trend analysis
The Spanish Savory Snacks market is driven by a desire for Indulgence
Comparing consumer trends influence on consumption of Savory Snacks across major markets
The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: Spanish consumers seek snack products to meet the needs of their age and lifestyle
The Connectivity mega-trend: Consumers do not feel connected to Savory Snack products at an emotional level
The Convenience mega-trend: Increasingly Busy Lives are driving the demand for convenient Savory Snacks
The Ethics mega-trend: Ethical and environmental issues alone cannot motivate consumers in their choice Savory Snacks
The Experience & Enjoyment mega-trend: Indulgence is the primary driver of the Spanish Savory Snacks market, motivating over two fifths of consumption
The Health & Wellness mega-trend: Health will continue to play a limited role in driving Savory Snacks consumption
The Individuality mega-trend: Consumers will continue to choose Savory Snacks while enjoying Personal Space & Time
The Trust mega-trend: Product safety is a basic consumer need rather than a differentiator
The Value mega-trend: Consumers seek better value in Savory Snack purchases with low cost alternatives and trading-up for superior experience
Manufacturers of Savory Snacks are innovating across categories to target growing needs of the Spanish consumers
Global innovations on formulation can be a source of inspiration for Spanish manufacturers
Manufacturers are focusing on innovative formulation, positioning, and packaging
Global innovations within key trends can be a source of inspiration for Spanish manufacturers
Manufacturers, marketers, and retailers should develop functional products to appeal to the Health needs of consumers
Manufacturers, marketers, and retailers need to highlight Experience & Enjoyment and address increasing value concerns
An explanation of the sub-trends
List Of Tables
List Of Figures