Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the US Savory Snacks Food Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product developments that effectively target the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the US Savory Snack Food Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
• Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the US market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Savory Snacks, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall)
• Market value and volumes over 2008–2018 for the US and nine other countries to give a global context.
• The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Savory Snacks consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group
• Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future
• Examples of international and US-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
• Demand for indulgent flavors will grow as stressed consumers continue to turn to Savory Snacks for comfort
• The desire for better value will intensify with continued economic uncertainty, resulting in growing private label penetration
• There will be an increased demand for healthier Savory Snack options
• Product choices will reflect consumers’ desire for excitement and convenience driven by their increasing ambitions and aspirations.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of US Savory Snacks consumers. This is based on Canadean’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Savory Snacks sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Category classification and demographic definitions
Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
A desire for fun, convenient, and affordable options is driving Savory Snack consumption in the US
The US Savory Snacks market has a value of US$32.4 billion and is forecast to witness modest sales growth over the next five years
Processed Snacks and Potato Chips account for the majority of Savory Snacks market share by volume
There were over 83.1 billion Savory Snacks occasions in the US, with total consumption higher among older consumers
Across the globe, US Savory Snacks is the largest market in terms of value and volume sales
The US has the most attractive Savory Snacks market in the world in terms of volume consumption
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
US women consume more Savory Snacks than their male counterparts
Older consumers are marginally under-consuming Savory Snacks
There is a similar consumption frequency pattern among males and females in the US
Consumers aged below 24 years are most likely to be classified as ‘heavy frequency’ consumers of Savory Snacks
Consumer trend analysis
The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: Lifestyle changes driving choice of Savory Snack products
The Connectivity mega-trend: The Media can be used to position the taste and quality of Savory Snack products
The Convenience mega-trend: The Busy Lives of consumers are causing demand for on-the-go products
The Ethics mega-trend: Environmental and Ethical concerns have little influence on Savory Snacks consumption
The Experience & Enjoyment mega-trend: Indulgence is the second most influential driver of Savory Snacks consumption in the US
The Health & Wellness mega-trend: Healthier Savory Snacks currently experience limited demand, with consumers unconvinced of their taste and benefits
The Individuality mega-trend: Consumers will continue to choose Savory Snacks while enjoying Personal Space & Time
The Trust mega-trend: Product safety is a basic consumer need rather than a differentiator
The Value mega-trend: Consumers seek value through private label offerings and multipack savings
In the US, manufacturers of Savory Snacks are innovating in terms of formulations to boost product appeal
Global innovations on formulation can be a source of inspiration for US manufacturers
Manufacturers are focusing on innovative formulation, positioning, and packaging
Global innovations within key trends can be a source of inspiration for US manufacturers
Manufacturers, marketers, and retailers should develop products to appeal to the Health needs of an aging population
Manufacturers, marketers, and retailers need to highlight Experience & Enjoyment and address increasing ethical concerns
An explanation of the sub-trends
List Of Tables
List Of Figures