A weapon that emits focused energy and can transfer that energy to damage a target is termed as directed energy weapons (DEW). The directed energy weapons market is known to generate extremely powerful beams. They mainly use single optical system in order to track a target or simply focus it on the target. Lasers are considered to be most matured type of DEW weapon. Moreover, these beams can be easily re-directed by mirrors to damage the targets that are not visible from source.
The growing need of laser especially in navy, regulations and legal impacts of DEWs have resulted in the growth of the directed energy weapons market. Moreover, need for precision have also added to the popularity of the market. However, arms transfer policy and insufficient funding has restricted the market growth to a greater extent. On the other hand, rise in defense spending by many countries as well as technological advancements are anticipated to offer greater opportunities for key market players.
The directed energy weapons market can be segmented based on application, technology, high energy laser system, product, end-user and geography. The application covered in the market research report consists of homeland security and defense. Based on technology the directed energy weapons market includes high energy laser, high power microwave and particle beam. Besides this, the high energy laser systems discussed during the study are chemical laser, fiber laser, free electron laser and solid -state laser. Products discussed in the market research report consists of lethal and non-lethal. Moreover, the key end-users of the market are gun-shot, ship-based, land -vehicles and airborne. Regions likely to experience tremendous growth include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
Prominent market players are acquiring new companies or local market players to maintain their competitive edge. Other business strategies favored by the companies include constant upgradation, joint ventures and collaborations. Prominent market players active in the DEW market are BAE systems, L-3 Communications, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Boeing and Raytheon Company
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The market research report provides an integrated information on the major drivers, restraints and opportunities influencing the industry growth, during the forecast period.
- The study further drills down to produce data volume by components, end customers and demography.
- SWOT analysis of major brands, highlights weaknesses, strengths, opportunities and threats. The data proves effective for business owners planning on designing their marketing and branding strategies.
- Region wise business performance discussed in the market research report would be valuable for enterprises planning to explore new areas.
- The report not only examines the market dynamics but also takes a closer look at the growth rate and industrial chain structure.
- Study further weigh up on the prominent market players and what they are doing different to position their product in the already crowded marketplace.
- Assessment of upstream and downstream market also forms an important part of the report.
DIRECTED ENERGY WEAPONS MARKET KEY SEGMENTS
Market By Application
- Homeland Security
Market By Technology
- High Energy Laser
- High Power Microwave
- Particle Beam
Market By High Energy Laser System
- Chemical Laser
- Fiber Laser
- Free Electron Laser
- Solid -State Laser
Market By Products
- Lethal Products
- Non-lethal Products
Market By End -User
- Land -vehicle
- North America
- Asia -Pacific
- BAE systems
- L-3 Communications
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Raytheon Company