This report provides a concise overview of the Fragrances market in France. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, and the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends that will drive its evolution, and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behaviour, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Fragrances sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analysing the market dynamics of major Fragrances categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private labels across Fragrances categories.
An overview of packaging trends in France’s Fragrances sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the French Fragrances sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Health & Beauty Stores will be the most preferred destination for buying Fragrances in France. Conversely, Health & Beauty Stores such as Perfumeries are the most preferred destination for consumers to buy Fragrances.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
A product’s success in the French Fragrances market will largely be determined by indulgence of Fragrances products. Canadean’s consumer data shows the actual value influence of each motivator in the French Fragrances sector: a high influence indicates strong scope for marketers to target products offering benefits for this specific need.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the French Fragrances sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Fragrance categories and their packaging.
Reasons To Buy
French consumers are always on the lookout for products that offer them a rewarding indulgence. However, consumers are moving towards more exclusive niche Fragrances with evolving gender identities.
French consumers want to make sure they are getting high quality when they use Fragrances products. While Quality is important, how the product reflects aspirations of an individual is also a priority.
The French Female and Male Fragrance categories will increase slowly but steadily in value, measured in US dollars, during 2013–2017 after negative growth in 2012. Even after recovery, the slow growth predicted during 2014–2017 is indicative of the difficulty in generating growth in a mature category in an economy characterized by low consumer spending.
Private label penetration in France’s Fragrances sector is low; the highest penetration rate is in the Unisex Fragrances category, where private labels held a high value share in 2012. Private label penetration in Male Fragrances and Female Fragrances categories was low due to the presence of established brands presenting a high entry barrier for private labels.
Private labels are gaining market share in the Female and Male Fragrance categories with the value of private labels increasing at a CAGR of 1.0% and 0.4%, respectively, during 2009-2012.
Table Of Contents
- Stable economy growth and a large mid-life population with high disposable income provides several opportunities in the consumer market
- Health & Beauty Stores are the key distributors of Fragrances products in France
- Health & Beauty Stores will be the most preferred destination for buying Fragrances in France
- Fragrance usage among women is slightly higher than men in terms of volume
- Opportunities exist to encourage French consumers to adopt a daily Fragrances routine
- Indulgence is by far the most important motivator for French consumers to buy Fragrances
- Consumers choice of buying fragrances in France is driven by indulgence and new gender behaviors
- Fragrance quality is one of the important motivators inducing purchase
- Fragrances usage in France is growing slowly, even with volatile exchange rates
- While the overall Fragrance sector saw declining growth, Female Fragrances category growth is on a rise
- Female Fragrances and Male Fragrances will increase their value share from Unisex Fragrances
- Fragrances categories will record slow but steady value growth from 2013 onwards
- Unisex Fragrances market will witness declining growth during the forecast period
Brands & Private Labels
- French consumers continue to buy branded Fragrances products despite the squeeze on discretionary spending
- While private label penetration is highest in Unisex fragrances, the category is witnessing a decline
- Glass Bottles are the most preferred packaging for all categories of Fragrances in France
- Glass still remains the most preferred pack material, however will witness slight increase in rigid plastic usage
Future Outlook– four key trends in France’s Fragrances sector
- French fragrance market is characterized by increasing demand of organic, premium and limited edition products
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures