This report provides a concise overview of the Fragrances market in India. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, and the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution, and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Fragrances sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of major Fragrances categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private labels across Fragrances categories.
An overview of packaging trends in India's Fragrances sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Indian Fragrances sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Department Store sales of Fragrances will continue to grow due to the premium, personalized service they offer consumers. Distribution patterns for Fragrances differ vastly from those of the Health & Beauty industry as a whole. Convenience Stores dominate, accounting for 59.2% of total Health & Beauty distribution, followed by Hypermarkets & Supermarkets with 16.9%.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The most important consumer motivation is Changing Age Structures, where consumers seek products that meet specific age needs. For example more, Fragrances containing perfume oil and less alcohol, and those designed to make older women feel younger through more vibrant scents are more popular.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Indian Fragrances sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Fragrance categories and their packaging.
Reasons To Buy
Indian consumers are seeking products that meet specific age requirements since age dynamics and related needs have become key to the Fragrance market. Consumers aged 0-30 years old constitute more than half of the entire market by value and this group will continue to drive the sales of Fragrances in India.
In 2012, 20.7% of Fragrance use among Indian consumers was motivated by the desire to seek better quality products. Apart from the attraction of the newness factor, quality is also being sought after, from the product ingredients to packaging.
India saw minimal impact from the global economic slowdown and the market displayed a positive trend during 2007–2012, growing at a CAGR of 16.0% during this period in local currency terms. The upbeat mood of the economy and its increasing integration with globalized lifestyles and consumption patterns will drive the growth.
Analysis of India’s Fragrances sector between 2007 and 2017 highlights a number of clear winners and losers. Large categories posting moderate growth such as Female and Male Fragrances will gain a larger market share than smaller categories such as Unisex Fragrance, indicating consumers’ preference for gender specific Fragrances.
Table Of Contents
- Growing young population with higher disposable income is driving growth in the consumer market
- Convenience stores account for majority of Health & Beauty sales
- Department Store sales of Fragrances will continue to grow due to the premium, personalized service they offer consumers
- Indian consumers seek out Fragrance products that meet specific age requirements
- Fragrance demand is also driven by Changing Age Structures and Life Stages of the Indian consumer
- Indian consumers demand quality products, as well as fragrances that provide a novel experience
- Fragrances usage in India is growing at a fast pace even with volatile exchange rates
- Female Fragrances will record fastest growth rate during the forecast period
- Female and Male Fragrances will increase their value share during the forecast period while Unisex Fragrances will decline
- Male and Female Fragrance categories will record high value growth during the forecast period
- Unisex Fragrances will record lower value growth compared to Male and Female fragrances
Brands & Private Labels
- Hugo Boss and Calvin Klein are the leading fragrance brands in the Indian market
- Glass Bottles are the most commonly used packaging for Fragrances in India
- Glass Bottles will remain the most popular packaging material with rigid plastic gradually gaining share
Future Outlook– four key trends in India's Fragrances sector
- Better value products and personalized fragrances will drive growth in the Indian Fragrances market
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures