This report provides a concise overview of the Savory Snacks market in Brazil. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Savory Snacks sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of 7 Savory Snacks categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private label across Savory Snacks categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the Brazilian Savory Snacks sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Brazilian Savory Snacks sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Brazil’s large share of young and socially connected consumers will drive strong future growth in Savory Snacks categories. Despite a slowdown in GDP growth in 2012, the country’s fast growing middle class population and increased access to consumer credit have facilitated higher consumer spending. Mega sporting events such as FIFA World Cup 2014 and Rio Olympics will drive growth in the sector’s value, though some categories will grow faster than others.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The predominant urban population coupled with the growing middle class population has led to rapid growth in the retail sector. Brazil’s middle income group with a net addition of 36 million people between 2002 and 2011 has resulted in significant changes in consumer spending on retail items including Food & Grocery and Foodservices. Meanwhile, the increasingly busy lives of consumers means that there has been a rapid decline in traditional meals featuring the entire family as consumers look for quick and easy meals.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Brazilian Savory Snacks sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across 7Savoury Snacks categories and their packaging.
Reasons To Buy
More than 80% of Brazil’s population resides in cities. The predominant urban population has facilitated rapid growth in organized retail, and has led to fierce completion among the retailers resulting in narrow profit margins. The Food & Grocery market will consolidate as consumers continue to be attracted by the “all under one roof” offer and price advantage held by retailers such as Pão de Açúcar and Carrefour.
Brazil’s middle income class population currently account for half the country’s population. Rising levels of real income in this section of the population have resulted in significant changes in consumer spending on retail items including Food & Grocery and Foodservices.
Men have a higher share of Savory Snacks consumption, on account of high consumption by Older and young adult consumers. Among the female consumers, Kids & Babies and Older Young Adults are the most important groups.
Pre-Mid-Lifers are the least frequent consumers of Savory Snacks because of increased health concerns and efforts to cut down on trans-fats and carbohydrates.
Brazilian consumers most often seek out Savory Snacks that offer additional fun and enjoyment, beyond what they normally offer. This can include new and fun flavors, textures or packs.
Table Of Contents
- Stable economic growth, large share of young population, and availability of easy consumer credit are driving growth in Brazil's retail sector
- High urbanization rate and rising middle income population favor growth in organized retail in Brazil
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets have a significantly high share in the distribution of Savory Snacks in Brazil
- Increased wealth and prosperity of Brazil’s middle class population is driving growth in new food and beverage categories and in Foodservice
- Male consumers have higher share of Savory Snacks consumption in Brazil
- Older consumers have the heaviest consumption frequency of Savory Snacks in Brazil
- Fun & Enjoyment is the prime motivator for Savory Snacks purchase in Brazil
- Changing Age Structures and Experience Seeking are major trends in Brazilian Savory Snacks Market
- Mega events of FIFA World Cup 2014, and Rio Olympics 2016 to drive growth in Savory Snacks market
- Nuts & Seeds is the fastest growing Savory Snacks category
- Growth in Ethnic/Traditional Snacks and Meat Snacks sales to be higher during 2012-2017
- Processed Snacks is the largest Savory Snacks category in Brazil
Brands & Private Labels
- Private Label penetration high in smaller categories of Pretzels, Meat Snacks and Ethnic/Traditional Snacks
- Growth in Private Label Savory Snacks to be higher than branded products
- Key brands by category
- Flexible Bags/ Sachet dominate Savory Snacks packaging
- Retail ready and smaller snack packaging are key trends in the Brazil Savory Snacks
Future outlook –key trends in Brazil’s Savory Snacks sector
- Driving growth through brand building and innovation
- Snacks company promoting sports and party activation across businesses
- Adjacencies and health-and-wellness trend
- Emphasis on eco-friendly packaging
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures