This report provides a concise overview of the Savory Snacks market in the UK. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market and the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Savory Snacks sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of major Savory Snacks categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private labels across Savory Snacks categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the UK’s Savory Snacks sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the UK Savory Snacks sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The UK's population is aging and has become increasingly health conscious, which creates an opportunity for healthier product lines. Rising commodity prices in recent years have been passed on to the consumers by CPG manufacturers. Increasing occasions of indoor socializing with family and friends is supporting the growth of sharing Savory Snacks bags and bite size products.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Marketers are experimenting with a broad range of flavors to lure consumers. The increasing number of eating-in occasions is giving rise to sharing bags and indulgent snacking products. Marketers are introducing product and flavor innovations to target the need for indulgent snacking. Moreover, Fun & Enjoyment and Changing Lifestages are factors driving the Savory Snacks market in the UK.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the UK’s Savory Snacks sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Savory Snacks categories and their packaging.
Reasons To Buy
Even though rising levels of obesity are a concern for UK consumers, the desire to treat oneself will drive growth in Potato Chips and Processed Snacks, which constitute four-fifths of the UK’s Savory Snacks sector by value.
The search for variety and an expanding taste for global food is helping the Ethnic/Traditional Snacks and Meat Snacks category to grow in the UK.
Retailers are exploring premium product ranges, indicating a shift from “me-too” products towards premiumization and into direct competition with branded products.
Growth in Potato Chips and Processed Snacks consumption is expected to drive the demand for Flexible packaging, and obesity concerns will support demand for small pack sizes and portion controlled snacking.
Table Of Contents
- UK Savory Snacks market provides significant opportunities to marketers despite rising consumer prices
- National retail chains dominates food and grocery distribution in the UK
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets dominate market distribution of Savory Markets in the UK
- Busy lifestyle and obesity concern are driving eating habits in the UK
- Highly affluent and better-off consumer wealth group accounts for over half of the volume consumption in the UK
- Light Consumption of savory snacks increases with age due to obesity concern and rising health consciousness
- Indulgence along with snacking to enjoy Personal Space & Time are the major drivers of savory snack sales
- Marketers introducing product and flavor innovations to target the indulgent need of snacking
- Fun & Enjoyment and Changing Lifestages are factors driving the Savory Snacks market in the UK
- Increasing snacking occasions at home is driving the Savory Snacks market in the UK
- Potato Chips, the leading savory snacks product, continues to drive the snacking market in the UK
- Fluctuating exchange rates have added complexity to the UK’s Savory Snacks market
- Savory Snacks Category Dynamics and Opportunities
Brands & Private Labels
- Retailers will continue to challenge national brands with price discounting while offering better quality in-house products
- Private label brands traditionally associated with low cost are venturing into premium product lines
- Peperami lead the meat snacks category share whereas Butterkist is the leading player in the popcorn category
- Walkers remain the leading savory snacks brand in the UK
- Bags/Sachet continue to be the best packaging types for Savory Snacks
- Processed Snacks and Potato Chips will drive demand of Flexible Packaging in the UK
Future Outlook – four key trends in the UK’s Savory Snacks sector
- Marketers are exploring premium ranges along with product innovation to drive sales in the UK Savory Snacks market
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures