"Body fragrancing foods" refers to foods that function as fragrances and release scent "from inside-out" upon consumption. This ForeSights report was compiled according to Canadean Consumer's ForeSights methodology which aims to identify new concepts that could influence consumer trends or have a future commercial application in consumer packaged goods.
- Consider emerging opportunities and threats in the consumer packaged goods market and gain insight into potential future consumer behavior.
- Identify interesting new and emerging concepts, products, and ideas on offer in retail, foodservice, online spaces, and beyond.
- Understand how new concepts and ideas fit into - or challenge - current consumer trends.
- Gain insight and inspiration for innovation programs and new product development.
Reasons To Buy
- What innovation opportunities exist at the convergence of food and personal care sectors?
- Do body fragrancing foods exist in the market already?
- Will consumers be willing to experiment with such unique concepts?
Consumers instinctively make the link between smelling nice and feeling good. As many as one in 10 people globally can be described as "scent innovation enthusiasts," who actively monitor new product launches in deodorants and fragrances.
The idea of food and drink having cosmetic and general wellbeing benefits is one that a growing number of consumers are drawn to. However, despite an active innovation landscape in edible beauty products, ingestible fragrances remain relatively unexplored to date.