This ForeSights report was compiled according to Canadean's ForeSights methodology, which aims to identify new concepts that could influence consumer trends or have a future commercial application in FMCGs.
- Consider emerging opportunities and threats in the FMCG market and gain insight into potential future consumer behavior.
- Identify interesting new and emerging concepts, products, and ideas on offer in retail, foodservice, online spaces, and beyond.
- Understand how new concepts and ideas fit into - or challenge - current consumer trends.
- Gain insight and inspiration for innovation programs and new product development.
Reasons To Buy
- Vitamins present in premixed, ready-to-drink beverages lose potency over time. How fast can this process be?
- Heat pasteurization destroys pathogens in drinks, but can do the same for nutrients. How can "under the cap" packaging avoid these nutrient losses?
- What new development in "under the cap" technology could exponentially increase customization benefits?
- How could consumer attitudes about product choice play into the expansion of "under the cap" technology into new areas like personal care and beauty?
- What novel techniques are marketers of "under the cap" products using to raise awareness of vitamin freshness issues with consumers?
"Under the cap" technology is changing the beverage industry by giving consumers the choice of when and where to add nutrients and flavors to drinks, in most cases just before consumption. Nutrients and flavors in ready-to-drink beverages lose efficacy and taste over time, issues that can be avoided with "under the cap" technology.