Market outlook of the global e-beam wafer inspection system market
Electron beam or e-beam wafer inspection system is a semiconductor fab equipment, which is used during the semiconductor wafer manufacturing process, to find a defect in the wafers before packaging it. As the use of semiconductor wafer is predominant over a wide range of industries like consumer electronics, automotive, and industrial segment, the e-beam wafer inspection system is certain to grow. Technavio’s market research analysts expect the global e-beam wafer inspection system market to grow at a significant CAGR of close to 20% during the forecast period.
The rising adoption of certain communication devices and consumer electronic equipment such as smartphones, tablets, wearables, LCDs, LEDs, and SSDs has indirectly led to the high demand for superior quality semiconductor such as silicon based wafers, which play a key role in ICs. Consequently, as the demand for semiconductor wafers increases, the need for wafer inspection system also rises in order to keep a check on the process and quality of the wafers.
Geographical segmentation of the global e-beam wafer inspection system market
In terms of geography, the APAC region is the largest contributor to the market, accounting for over 72% as of 2014 and will continue to dominate this market during the forecast period. This is mainly because of the existence of prominent semiconductor foundries in this region, especially Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
Since the semiconductor industry is growing and expanding its production capacity, the demand for wafer inspection system is anticipated to increase during the forecast period. This high demand for wafer inspection system will open up new opportunities in the market for manufactures, steering in new vendors, thus swelling the competition.
Key vendors in this market are -
• Applied Materials
• Hermes Microvision
• Hitachi High-Technologies
• Lam Research
Growth drivers, challenges, and upcoming trends: E-beam wafer inspection system
Technavio’s market research analysts estimate upcoming trends such as the launch of multi-beam e-beam products, which will affect the market dynamics, as these products are targeted to overcome low throughput challenge of e-beam inspection system and will attract more customers.
This report provides a number of factors contributing to the adoption, limitations, and opportunities of the global e-beam wafer inspection system market. It also offers an analysis of each factor and an estimation of the extent to which the factors are likely to impact the overall market growth.
Key questions answered in the report include
• What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
• What are the key factors driving the global e-beam wafer inspection system market?
• What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global e-beam wafer inspection system market?
• What are the challenges to market growth?
• Who are the key vendors in the global e-beam wafer inspection system market?
• What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global e-beam wafer inspection system market?
• What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of the APAC, EMEA, and the Americas?
• What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global e-beam wafer inspection system market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
• Global Wafer-level Packaging Equipment Market 2015-2019
• Global Semiconductor Silicon Wafer Market 2015-2019
• Global Semiconductor Wafer Cleaning Systems Market 2014-2018