Market outlook of the global immunoprotein diagnostic testing market
Immunoproteins are blood proteins that are used as analytes for different disease diagnostic assays like ELISA, CLIA, immunoturbidity assay, and RIA. The market for immunoprotein diagnostic testing is positively influenced by factors like the growing elderly population and the increased incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases. These factors foster the prospects for growth in this market and results in its healthy CAGR of more than 7% by 2019.
Growing focus on early disease diagnosis is the key driver for the growth of this market. Early diagnosis by immunoprotein diagnostic devices helps in disease screening and patient care management during a disease outbreak. Advantages like its ability to reduce the total healthcare expenditure and its ability to reduce the recovery time of patients are expected to impel market growth during the forecast period.
Application-based segmentation of the immunoprotein diagnostic testing market
• Infectious disease testing
• Oncology and endocrine testing
• Autoimmune testing
• Allergy testing
Technavios market research analyst has estimated the infectious disease testing segment to be the largest market segment during the forecast period. The high incidence of infectious diseases is expected to result in the augmented need for novel diagnostic tests and new reagents. This recent increase in the incidence of infectious diseases is expected to result in the augmented demand for immunoprotein diagnostic tests as it helps in the early diagnosis of infectious ailments.
Geographical segmentation of the immunoprotein diagnostic testing market
In this market research report, analysts estimate the Americas to dominate the market for immunoprotein diagnostic testing during the forecast period. In the Americas, the US is considered to be the largest revenue contributor due to the high prevalence of chronic and infectious diseases in this region. Factors like the rise in laboratory automation, shift to POC rapid diagnostic tests, and increased FDA approval for new products are envisaged to account for this regions high market share of nearly 46% by 2019.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
This market is characterized by the presence of intense competition between numerous large, medium, and small-sized manufacturers that provide different type of immunoprotein diagnostic products based on technologies like ELISA, RIA, and CLIA. These vendors form partnerships and provide premium-priced products to laboratories and patients so as to establish themselves in the market.
Leading vendors in this market are -
• Beckman Coulter
• Roche Diagnostics
• Siemens Healthcare
• Thermo Fisher Scientific
Other prominent vendors analyzed in this global market study are Abbott Laboratories, Affymetrix, Alere, bioMérieux, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Corgenix, Dako, Fujirebio Diagnostics, Merck Millipore, Meridian Bioscience, ORGENTEC Diagnostika, Sekisui Diagnostics, IBL International, ImmunoDX, Quidel Corporation, and Trinity Biotech.
Key questions answered in the report include
• What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
• What are the key factors driving the global immunoprotein diagnostic testing market?
• What are the key market trends impacting the global immunoprotein diagnostic testing market?
• What are the challenges to market growth?
• Who are the key vendors in the global immunoprotein diagnostic testing market?
• What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global immunoprotein diagnostic testing market?
• Trending factors influencing the market shares of the EMEA, Americas, and APAC?
• What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global immunoprotein diagnostic testing market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
• Global Bone and Mineral Diagnostic Testing Market 2015-2019
• Global Viral Hepatitis and Retrovirus Diagnostic Tests Market 2015-2019
• Global In-vitro Diagnostics Infectious Disease Testing Market 2015-2019