An overview of the global pantyliner market
Technavios research analyst predicts the global pantyliner market to grow steadily at a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period. Increased awareness about feminine hygiene has prompted manufacturers to focus on new marketing strategies. Brand visibility has increased due to a number of campaigns on social media such as Facebook and YouTube. These campaigns are significantly increasing the adoption of pantyliners.
Although the pantyliner market is in its nascent stage, it is gaining traction due to change in perception regarding pantyliners among consumers. This changing perception in women is a major driver for the growth of the pantyliner market. Governments are taking initiatives by pushing companies to come up with innovations and marketing strategies to change the perceptions of society. From top players such as P&G to premier players, vendors are increasingly trying to usher in new ideas and motivating women for their self-motivation and betterment, thus driving the growth of the overall market.
Category segmentation and analysis of the global pantyliner market
The global pantyliners market was dominated by the regular segment, with a share of more than 64% in 2015. This is mainly because of easy availability and market visibility of these products. As per Technavios market analysis, this segment is expected to contribute more than $2 billion in revenue by 2020.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the global pantyliner market
The global pantyliner market was dominated by the Americas in 2015, accounting for over 45% of the market share, and is expected to contribute more than $1 billion in revenue by 2020. The adoption of feminine hygiene products, especially tampons, menstrual cups, and pantyliners, is high in the Americas because of high awareness rates and the high proportion of working women.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global pantyliner market is competitive, with vendors competing on the basis of product differentiation, portfolio, and pricing. However, at present, the major international vendors dominate the market. Many private labels are also entering the market, as the majority of women perceive private labels to be of good quality.
The leading vendors in the market are -
• Edgewell Personal Care
• Johnson and Johnson
Other prominent vendors in the market include Berry, Natacare, Ontex International, First Quality Enterprises, Fujian Hengan Group, Kao, Millie & More, My Bella Flor, PayChest, and Seventh Generation.
Key questions answered in the report include
• What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
• What are the key factors driving the global pantyliner market?
• What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the pantyliner market?
• What are the challenges to market growth?
• Who are the key vendors in this market space?
• What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global pantyliner market?
• What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, Europe, and MEA?
• What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global pantyliner market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
• Global Feminine Hygiene Products Market 2015-2019
• Superabsorbent Polymers (SAP) Market- Industry Forecast and Trends 2015-2019
• Adult Diapers Market 2015-2019- Global Report on Market Trends, Drivers, Forecast