“How retail brands can bring the latest foodservice trends into the home” provides transferrable success stories about how to engage consumers by tapping into leading desires that are driving consumption in foodservice outlets, such as the need for indulgence, new experiences, personalization, and health. Rapid growth in the foodservice industry shows that it is a hotbed for product innovation, and provides a proving ground where retail brands can identify the big success stories of the next five years. This report identifies the ten key foodservice trends retail brands should pay attention to if they want to identify the next big food and drink breakthroughs, including how craft is evolving, how health is becoming fashionable, and how consumers equate messy food with tasty food.
- Rapid growth in the foodservice industry shows that it is a hotbed for product innovation, and provides a proving ground where retail brands can identify the big success stories of the next five years.
- There are ten foodservice trends retail brands should pay special attention to. These are: Craft is king, Fit and fashionable, Getting closer to nature, Let's get messy, Food fusion, Signatures and specialties, Plates as a passport, Spend less enjoy more, Challenge, and Me menus.
- The ten foodservice trends identified by Canadean present transferrable success stories about how to engage consumers by tapping in to leading desires that are driving consumption, such as the need for indulgence, new experiences, personalization, and health.
- Not all trends should be targeted by all brands, and trends do not apply to every consumer group. However they point to innovative ways that brands can grow both their category overall, and their share of the category
“How retail brands can bring the latest foodservice trends into the home” highlights ten key foodservice trends that will help brands grow both their share of their category, and the size of the category overall. This report evaluates the current state of foodservice markets, analyzes the ten trends driving foodservice's growth, identifies product examples of both foodservice and retail brands successfully targeting each trend, and shows what retail brands need to do to take advantage of these trends. The ten foodservice trends covered are:
- Craft is king
- Fit and fashionable
- Getting closer to nature
- Let's get messy
- Food fusion
- Specialties and signatures
- Plates as a passport
- Spend less enjoy more
- Me menus
Reasons To Buy
This report will help retail brands identify the next big food and drink breakthroughs by understanding the latest trends in foodservice. A breakdown of how each trend is affecting foodservice reveals the consumer attitudes driving growth, product examples highlight the ways that foodservice outlets and brands are already taking advantage of this trend, and recommended actions show retail brands what they need to do in order to successfully target these emerging consumer behaviors.