The male infertility market is expected to grow to $301.5 million by 2020 with a CAGR of 5% during 2014-2020. Male infertility is defined as the inability of a male to impregnate his female partner after a year of unprotected intercourse. 20% of the total infertility is due to male factors. The major factors driving the male infertility market are the change in lifestyle, increasing age, environmental effects, etc., and these factors are majorly contributing to the rise in male infertility levels.
The major limitation experienced in the male infertility market is due to repeated treatment failures leading to an emotional impact on the patient. The repeated failures would compel most patients to discontinue the treatment. The other limitation is the social taboo. Out of 32-40% infertile men, only 15% of the men opt for the treatment for infertility due to the embarrassment, guilt, etc.
The opportunity driving the market is medical tourism and increase in awareness about male infertility. The treatment for male infertility is expensive; however, the cost of the treatment is expected to decrease with the advancement in treatment technologies. The other factor that may drag the prices lower would be the patients’ expectations for cost effective treatments. These factors would drive the male infertility market.
Male Infertility Semen Analysis Techniques Market Analysis
The male infertility techniques market is segmented into DNA fragmentation technique, oxidative stress analysis, microscopic examination, sperm penetration assay, sperm agglutination, computer assisted semen analysis and others. The DNA fragmentation is an emerging technique; it is currently being used as a routine technique in the developed nations. However, it is yet to come into routine analysis in the labs of the developing nations, as cost being the major hindrance in their usage.
Male Infertility Geographic Market Analysis
The male infertility market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and RoW. The North American market is the dominating market with the highest revenue, followed by the Asia pacific market. The Asia pacific market and RoW region are expected to have the highest potential for growth in the analysis period. This is due to the adoption of the new techniques in the treatment of male infertility, such as DNA fragmentation and computer assisted semen analysis. The growth in these regions can also be accredited to the rising infertility levels and awareness about infertility and its treatments.
The companies profiled in this report are ASKA Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd, ZydusCadila Healthcare Limited, Access Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Pantarhei Bioscience B, Cordex Pharma, Inc., Merck Serono, Halotech DNA SL, SCSA diagnostics, Andrology Solutions.
High Level Analysis
The report analyzes various techniques used in the treatment of male infertility problems. The microscopic examination segment occupied the highest share in the male infertility techniques market in 2012. This is due to its routine use in the diagnosing of male infertility problems, as it is a basic test. DNA fragmentation segment is expected to have the highest market share by 2020, due to its accurate test results that help physicians to diagnose exact issues and suggest appropriate treatments that lead couples to conceive.
- The report provides detailed analysis about the driving and limiting factors of the male infertility market, which would give a deeper understanding of the subject and help in taking actionable decisions.
- The market size of the male infertility diagnostic and treatments will help in analyzing the market, thus helping the stakeholders understand opportunities in the male infertility market
- Market share analysis of both male and female infertility treatments that allow the decision makers to gauge the market strength and make profitable investments
- The report analyzes the market condition in a comprehensive and quantitative manner and forecast market trends and techniques used in male infertility treatments
Reason for the Study
- To study the various techniques used to treat male infertility
- To identify the benefits of the new techniques over the conventional techniques
- To study the treatment trends in various geographic regions
The global male infertility market is segmented based on techniques and geography.
MARKET BY TECHNIQUES
- DNA Fragmentation Technique
- Oxidative Stress Analysis
- Microscopic Examination
- Sperm Penetration Assay
- Sperm Agglutination
- Computer Assisted Semen Analysis
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Asia Pacific