This report provides a concise overview of the Dairy Food market in Germany. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market and the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Dairy Food sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of major Dairy Food categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private labels across Dairy Food categories.
An overview of 20 trends in the German Dairy Food sector is provided, including primary 20 material and type, 20 closures, and outer 20.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the German Dairy Food sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Demographic factors such as an aging population and urbanization will influence the consumption of Dairy products in Germany. The growing personal income will result in increased awareness of Dairy Food consumption, while Age-specific products support the health concerns of different age groups.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Consumers are seeking Dairy products that offer better value for money. Retailers are not just offering standard products, but also have an assortment of flavor, low fat, and health conscious private label ranges.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the German Dairy Food sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Dairy Food categories and their 20.
Table Of Contents
- Economic uncertainty to adversely affect consumer spending in Germany
- Germany’s food retail market is mature and highly competitive with low profit margins
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets account for the largest share in the German Dairy Food sales
- Changing demographic profile and growing online sales will influence German food retail industry
- Women consume higher proportion of dairy products in Germany
- Dairy manufacturers should aim to increase consumption by Young Adults and Pre-Mid-Lifers with innovative, on-the-go snacking products
- Indulgence is the major trend driving consumption in the German Dairy market
- While Indulgence is an important motivator of dairy products consumption, consumers remain aware of the value for money brands
- Dairy products manufacturers should offer differentiated products to different consumer groups
- The German Dairy market is showing flat growth both in value and volume terms
- Cheese and Cream will witness low growth while Milk will show comparatively higher growth during the forecast period
- The Yogurt category is to gain market share while Cheese category is to witness a decline
- Butter & Spreadable Fats and Cheese categories will register marginal growth during the forecast period
- Milk and Cream categories are to register positive growth owing to rising product prices
- Low fat, low calorie prebiotic yogurt and yogurt drinks are expected to register higher category growth
Brand & Private Label Analysis
- Germany’s dairy market has significant Private Label penetration with the highest share in the cream category
- Private Labels products to register higher growth in Milk and Yogurt categories whereas Cheese to witness low growth
- Bongrain and Hochland are the leading Cheese brands in Germany
- German milk market is highly fragmented with top three brands accounting for only one-tenth of the market
- Milk and Yogurt’s high volume share is creating demand for Rigid Plastic packaging
- Market share of Paper & Board and Rigid Plastic packaging will increase while flexible packaging will decline
- German Dairy market witness growing demand for both health-focused and innovative dairy products
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures