This report provides a concise overview of the Fragrances market in China. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, and the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution, and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Fragrances sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of major Fragrances categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private labels across Fragrances categories.
An overview of 20 trends in the Chinese Fragrances sector is provided, including primary 20 material and type, 20 closures, and outer 20.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Chinese Fragrances sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
China has one of the lowest Fragrances penetration rates among the major economies. Even as the GDP growth rate slowed down in China, GDP per capita is expected to grow at more than 10% during 2012-2017. While growth focus has shifted from investment-driven to consumer-driven economy, it is likely to benefit the CPG market including Fragrances.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The most important market driver is Changing Age Structures as Chinese consumers use Fragrances to meet age-specific grooming needs, such as youth-oriented scents.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Chinese Fragrances sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Fragrance categories and their 20.
Table Of Contents
- Rising living standards have shifted consumers’ focus from satisfying basic needs to pursuing a higher quality of life
- China’s retail market is highly fragmented with varied growth between prosperous eastern provinces and impoverished western provinces
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets followed by Department stores account for majority Fragrances sales in China
- Women are the primary consumers of Fragrances in China
- Heavy frequency consumption of Fragrances is most common among Mid-Lifers
- Changing Age Structures is the key consumption motivator of Fragrances purchased in China
- Age-specific needs and evolving Life-stages is driving consumption choice in Chinese Fragrances
- Quality Seeking and New Gender Behaviors are also major consumption motivators in China’s Fragrances market
- Female Fragrances to drive growth in the overall Fragrances market
- Female Fragrances to further gain market share during 2007-2017
- Growth opportunity in China’s Fragrances market, particularly for premium brands
- Female Fragrances dominates overall Fragrances market in China
- Unisex Fragrances market to take off in China
Brands & Private Labels
- Private Label penetration is low in China’s Fragrances market
- Growth in Private Label Fragrances to be marginally higher than category level growth
- Chanel and Dior are the leading Female Fragrances brands in China
- Glass bottles dominate Fragrances packaging
- Premium, differentiated packaging is important for greater point of sales effect
- Faster sales in second-tier cities, discount sales and the rising popularity of e-Retail are key emerging trends in China’s Fragrances sector
Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures