This report provides a concise overview of the Haircare market in Germany. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading companies within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Haircare sector in Germany.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of five Haircare categories: Conditioner, Hair Colorants, Perms &Relaxers, Shampoo, and Styling Agents.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands across the Conditioner, Hair Colorants, Perms &Relaxers, Shampoo, and Styling Agents categories.
An overview of 20 trends in the German Haircare sector is provided, including primary 20 material and type, 20 closures, and outer 20.
Key future trends are highlighted and analyzed in order to identify opportunities and threats in the Haircare sector.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the German Haircare sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Categories that are essential for hair health and hygiene such as Conditioner and Shampoo will register positive value and volume growth between 2012 and 2017. Conversely, less essential categories such as Hair Colorants and Styling Agents will decrease in value during the same period.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
An aging population and increasing demand for natural products will drive sales of Haircare products between 2012 and 2017. Meanwhile, private label Haircare products are gaining importance and are poised for growth during 2012–2017. Poor consumer sentiment, brought about by the recent economic downturn, had led to consumers purchasing private label products in greater numbers as they offer greater volumes at a lower price.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the German Haircare sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across five Haircare categories and their 20.
Reasons To Buy
Table Of Contents
- Economic uncertainty to adversely affect consumer spending in Germany
- Hypermarkets and Health & Beauty Stores are the key distributors of Health & Beauty products in Germany
- Drug Stores & Pharmacies account for the majority of Haircare sales in Germany
- Germany’s Haircare market is led by Older and financially Better Off consumers
- Early Young Adults have the highest consumption frequency in the German Haircare market
- Value for money remains one of the key drivers for Haircare product usage in Germany
- Demand of Haircare products is driven by the desire to get value for money in addition to consumer’s individual hair needs
- Products addressing the busy lifestyle and beauty needs of consumers remain high in demand
- The German Haircare sector will witness decline in volume and value sales during 2012 - 2017
- The Haircare market is declining with all categories registering marginal or no growth, barring Conditioners
- Shampoos and Conditioners will see significant gain in market share by 2017
- Haircare Category Dynamics and Opportunities.
Brands & Private Labels
- Private label penetration is higher in essential categories like Shampoo than in more beauty-driven categories like Styling Agents and Hair Colorants
- Private label growth in Conditioner and Shampoo contributed to each category’s overall value growth
- Schwarzkopf leads with brand share across all the categories in the Haircare market
- Rigid Plastics Bottles and Tubs are the preferred packaging for Haircare products
- Demand for Rigid Plastic Bottles, along with Flip/Snap Top and Screw Top closures, will grow during 2012-2017
Future Outlook– Key trends in Germany Haircare sector
- Anti-ageing and organic products are beginning to gain market in the German Haircare market
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures