This report provides a concise overview of the Male Toiletries market in the US. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading companies within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Male Toiletries sector in the US.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of four Male Toiletries categories: Aftershaves & Colognes, Disposable Razors & Blades, Post-Shave Cosmetics, and Pre-Shave Cosmetics.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands across the Aftershaves & Colognes, Disposable Razors & Blades, Post-Shave Cosmetics, and Pre-Shave Cosmetics categories.
An overview of 20 trends in the US Male Toiletries sector is provided, including primary 20 material and type, 20 closures, and outer 20.
Key future trends are highlighted and analyzed in order to identify opportunities and threats in the Male Toiletries sector.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the US Male Toiletries sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The volume of Male Toiletries used in the US will steadily increase during 2012-2017 at a CAGR slightly higher than that registered during 2007-2012.However, the market registered lower growth during 2009 as the market is not completely immune to the economic recession.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
With a number of Millennials reaching 25 years of age, or older, during 2012–2017, their desire to experiment with new and innovative products, driven by their growing aspiration to look well groomed and styled, will drive demand for Male Toiletries in the country. Demand of Male Toiletries is also influenced by new gender behaviors. In addition, Male Toiletry needs in the US are driven by consumers’ aspirations for higher quality products, along with those that offer better value for money
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the US Male Toiletries sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across four Male Toiletries categories and their 20.
Reasons To Buy
Table Of Contents
- US Male Toiletries market provides significant opportunities to marketers helped by a recovering GDP and a growing proportion of affluent Millennials
- Health and Beauty distribution is dominated by Hypermarkets & Supermarkets
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets are the dominant distribution channel both for overall Health & Beauty and for sales of Male Toiletries
- Male Toiletries consumption in the US is skewed towards Older, Affluent and Time Poor consumers
- Older consumers have the heaviest consumption of Male Toiletries in the US
- Male Toiletries consumption in the US is primarily driven by men seeking products that can offer novel experiences
- Male Toiletries demand is driven by consumers seeking novel experiences and products that can target evolving gender needs
- Male Toiletries needs in the US are driven by consumers’ aspiration for higher quality products along with those that offer better value for money
- Disposable Razors & Blades continues to lead the Male Toiletries market growth
- Disposable Razors & Blades will gain market share between 2007-2017
- US Male Toiletries market will register a steady increase in volume and value growth
- Post-Shave and Pre-Shave cosmetics continue to be low-value categories in the US Male Toiletries market
- Aftershaves & Colognes and Disposable Razors & Blades continue to be high-value categories with the highest category growth rate
Brands & Private Labels
- Gillette leads brand share in the Aftershaves & Colognes and Disposable Razors & Blades categories
- Gillette leads brand share in the Post-shave and Pre-shave categories
- Pre-Shave Cosmetics witnessed the highest Private Label penetration in the US Male Toiletries market
- Increasing Private Label sales contributed to high value growth for Disposable Razors & Blades during 2009-2012
- Rigid Plastic and Flexible Blister Packs are preferred packs for Disposable Razors & Blades
- Growth in demand of Bottles, Screw Tops and Box outers will be driven by increased use of Aftershaves & Colognes
Future Outlook– four key trends in the US Male Toiletries sector
- US Male Toiletries sector to witness subscription-based retailing along with growth in premium, multi-benefit and anti-aging post-shave products
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology
List Of Tables
List Of Figures