Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles on trade mark owners and local operators. Brand volumes and market share are given by price segment, alcoholic strength and type (e.g. apple, pear, flavored). Consumption volumes are provided by pack mix (type, material, refill ability, pack size) and distribution channel (on- and off-premise). Other information includes market valuation/pricing data and new products are identified. All supported by market commentary.
This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the New Zealand cider market.
This report provides readers with in-depth data on market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount; alcoholic strength; type.
This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and selected company profiles.
This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non- refillable. Market valuation data and selected pricing data are also included.
Why was the report written?
The 2012 New Zealand Cider Market Insights report is a high level market research report on the New Zealand cider industry. Published by Canadean, this report provides an excellent way of gaining an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the market. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on cider market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
In the last five years, the country’s cider market has followed similar trends to many others internationally and growth has been extremely strong.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Growth has largely been based on completely new brands and positionings that have attracted a new cider audience. The successful brands increasingly adopt a premium positioning, packaged in single-serve glass bottles and targeted at younger, mixed gender, and higher income demographics.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The New Zealand Cider Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the cider market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors.
Reasons To Buy
In the last five years, however, the country’s cider market has followed similar trends to many others internationally. Growth has been extremely strong, and this has largely been based on completely new brands and positionings that have attracted a new cider audience.
The beer duopoly of Lion and DB have made significant efforts to challenge Foster’s position, and will account for over 50% of the market between them in 2012.
The category features a great many microbreweries producing craft ciders
Growth has been extremely strong, and this has largely been based on completely new brands and positionings that have attracted a new cider audience. The successful brands increasingly adopt a premium positioning, packaged in single-serve glass bottles and targeted at younger, mixed gender, and higher income demographics
Cider in New Zealand is largely a domestic affair: the fast-growing new brands are manufactured and distributed by local players, and traditional brands
Table Of Contents
Section 1 Market Update
• Market Size
• Market Value
• Distribution 2011
• Current and Emerging Trends
• Imports and Exports
• Top 10 Cider Brands – Volume, 2009-2011
• Top 10 International Premium and Super premium Cider Brands – Volume, 2009-2011
• Brand Analysis
• Private Label/Private Label Producers
• New Products Activity
Section 2 Brewer Profiles
• DB BREWERIES
• DB Breweries Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
• FOSTER’S GROUP NEW ZEALAND
• Foster’s Group New Zealand Ltd Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
• LION NATHAN NEW ZEALAND
• Lion Nathan New Zealand Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
MINOR CIDER COMPANIES
• Redwood Cellars
Beer and Cider Attributes Definitions
List Of Tables
LEGISLATION AND TAXATION TABLES
• Table 1.2.1 – Taxation Base
• Table 1.2.2 - Historical Excise Rates of Cider
• Table 1.2.3 – Legal Controls on Cider
• Table 1.2.4 – Tax Burden on Cider
• Table 1.3.1 – Selected Consumer Cider Prices: Off-Premise, 2010-2012
• Table 1.3.2 – Selected Consumer Cider Prices: On-Premise, 2010-2012
• Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Liters, 2001-2012F
• Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - % Share, 2001-2012F
• Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Growth, 2001-2012F
• Commercial Beverage Consumption - Million Liters, 2001-2012F
• Alcoholic Beverage Consumption - Liters of Pure Alcohol (LPA) Per Capita, 2001-2012F
• Cider Production/Trade/Consumption – Growth, 2005-2012F
• Consumption of FABs and Cider, 2001-2012F
• Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012F
• Cider Consumption by Local Definition, 2008-2012F.
• Cider Consumption by Standard Price Segmentation, 2008-2012F
• Cider Consumption by Alcoholic Strength, 2008-2012F
• Cider Consumption by Type, 2008-2012F
• Cider Consumption by Geographic Scope, 2008-2012F
• Cider All Trademarks, 2007-2011
• Cider Brands by Local Definition, 2007-2011
• Cider Brands by Standard Price Segment, 2007-2011
• Cider Brands by Alcoholic Strength, 2007-2011
• Cider Brands by Type, 2007-2011
• Cider Imported Brands by Origin, 2007-2011
• Cider Trademark Owners, 2007-2011
• Cider Local Operators, 2007-2011
• Cider Leading Brewers/Importers, 2007-2011
• Cider Consumption by Pack Mix: Refill ability/Type/Pack/Size, 2008-2012F
• Cider Distribution: On vs. Off Premise, 2008-2012F
List Of Figures
• Chart – Leading Brewers/Imports, 2011
• Market Structure
• Cider Producers/Importers
• Chart – Consumption by Pack Material/Type, 2011
• Packaging Trends
• Chart – Distribution by Channel, 2011
• Chart – Consumption by Price Segment, 2011
• Market Valuation & Pricing
• Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012F
• Distribution Trends