The pet snacking space is being increasingly influenced by the trend towards pet humanization, as pet owners try to narrow the gap between their personal snacking experiences and their animals'. This is creating new implications for innovation within this segment to capitalize on this desire.
- Creates an understanding of pet humanization's implications on the pet snacking segment.
- Offers insight into the top innovation trends impacting pet snacks.
- Provides analysis based on results from Canadean Consumer's latest surveys, including the 2014 Q4 global survey.
Reasons To Buy
- What are the key innovation trends in pet snacking?
- How can brands innovate beyond traditional snacking formats and formulations?
- What are the opportunities for pet snacks and the humanization trend going forward?
The most popular pet types continue to be dogs and cats, making them the most lucrative in terms of targeted and humanized offerings. Nevertheless, brands targeting other animal types can learn lessons from these innovations, particularly as the trend towards humanization becomes more prevalent towards other animals other than cats and dogs.
Innovating in snacks or treats by taking inspiration from social or sharing occasions is an important way by which pet owners can narrow the gap between their and their pets' experiences. This also creates exciting opportunities to take products traditionally confined to human consumption and reformulate them to make them accessible to animals.