The printed, organic and flexible electronics market offers electronics goods manufactured using printing technology along with organic semiconductors and flexible substrates. The global electronics market is expected to attain market revenue of $1.6 trillion by 2018. The inclination towards printed, organic and flexible electronics would generate a respectable revenue share for the flexible electronics market. Key factors driving the market are the need for reduction of cost, weight and power consumption of electronic goods. It is estimated that by the end of 2015, 130 million TV sets, 400 million PCs, 300 million tablets and 800 million smartphones would be shipped globally. Therefore, demand for flexible TFT would be very high. Similarly, the demand for other flexible electronic goods required in healthcare, government and other sectors would soar, and this will drive the growth of flexible electronics market.
However, non-compatibility with conventional electronic goods and lack of robustness are the major restraints for the growth of the market. Since flexible electronics is an emerging trend, most of the other goods available in the market would be non-flexible, which would lead to compatibility issues. Additionally, lack of robustness would be a major issue for the life span of the products as compared to conventional goods. Research is underway to overcome the challenges of non-compatibility and lack of robustness.
Some of the top companies profiled in this report are 3G Solar, Applied Materials, Astron Fiamm, Bosch, DuPont Displays, Fujifilm Dimatix, Konica Minolta, Panasonic, Philips, and Samsung. The key players can look forward for good revenue, as more than 3000 companies across industry verticals are keen to adopt flexible electronics technology. Since this is an emerging market, it is expected that the key players would engage in collaborations and partnership to share expertise, instead of being involved in competition.
- The in-depth analysis provides market intelligence with respect to segments based on equipments, the material used and geographies
- The detailed analysis of the top factors such as drivers, restraints and opportunities impacting the market growth in the short and medium term
- Value chain analysis provides key inputs on the role of all stakeholders of the market
- Porter’s five force analysis unveils the potency of suppliers & buyers, and threat of new entrants & substitutes
- SWOT analysis and recent developments of key players are included in the report so that companies can make desired changes to business plans to gain competitive advantage
- Estimations are done according to the current market scenario and projected future trends for the analysis period of 2013-2020 with base revenue of 2012
- The report discusses the trends and opportunities in various geographies so that companies can make region specific plans
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- OLED lighting
- OLED display
- Material For OLED
- Material For e-paper
- Material For Photovoltaic
- Material For Sensors
- Encapsulation Material
- North America
- Rest of the World (RoW)
- Technology Providers For Flexible Electronics
- Material Providers For Development Of Flexible Electronics
- Research Organizations