Silicone elastomer is a rubber like material containing silicon, carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. Silicone elastomer is available in various forms such as open cell foams, solids, closed cell sponges, along with thermally & electrically conductive elastomers. Due to its elastic properties and ease in shaping and manufacturing, silicone elastomer is popularly used in cooking, baking and food storage products, undergarments, sportswear, and footwear. Due to high dielectric strength, heat stability and good mechanical strength, it is used in electronics, medical devices and hardware, in the making of spark plug boots, ignition cables, door seals, and hoses. It is also used in mould making, electro casting, pad printing, industrial bonding and sealing. Silicone elastomers can also be utilized as substitutes for organic rubbers. Increasing adoption in medical, automotive and healthcare industries are boosting the demand of silicon rubber in the global market. Developments in the construction industries would provide potential opportunities for the global silicone elastomer market.
The silicone elastomer market is segmented on the basis of its product type, application, and geography. Further product type of silicone elastomer is segmented into liquid silicone rubber, high consistency rubber and fluorosilicone rubber. Applications market of silicone elastomer includes automotive, healthcare, electronic sector, apparel, medical devices, construction, home repair and hardware. Healthcare is the fastest growing segment in silicone elastomer market due to the aging population and a higher level of health care spending. Geographically, the global silicone market is segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and LAMEA. Key players in the silicone elastomer market includes Allergan, Arlon silicon technologies ALMET, DOW corning, Cabot Corporation, Rogers corporation, Saint Gobain, and Marsh Bellofram.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the silicone elastomer market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities with impact analysis.
- The report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020 that assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Porters Five Forces model of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market.
- SWOT analysis highlights the internal environment of leading companies for effective strategy formulation.
- Value chain analysis in the report provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved in the value chain.
- Competitive intelligence helps in understanding the competitive scenario across the geographies.
Silicone elastomers are segmented on the basis of its Product type, application, and geography.
Market - By Product Type
- Liquid silicone rubber
- High consistency rubber
- Fluorosilicone rubber
Market - By Application:
- Electronic sector
- Medical devices
- Home repair and hardware
Market - By Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific