Australia is a growing and affluent market with over 10 million taking outbound trips in 2016, an increase of 6.5% in just one year. As a country with a healthy GDP growth rate of 3.3%, this outbound market is set to remain consistent in its travel habits. Consequently Canadean expects Australians to make 12.1 million trips by 2021.
- As a nation of immigrants, Australians usually have friends and relatives scattered around the world and their travel plans often include this factor.
- This is reflected in outbound VFR trips which increased by over 2.5% in 2016, reaching 2.4 million in just one year.
Canadean's report - “Source Market Insights: Australia” provides detailed information on the Australian outbound tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, expenditure, and the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries.
What else does this report offer?
- Detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes and values covering Australia's outbound tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as purpose of spending and top source markets.
- Detailed analysis of the market trends in the Australia's outbound tourism sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to Australia's outbound Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key source and destination countries
Table Of Contents
- Outbound Trips by Purpose
- Booking Methods
- Outbound Spending
- Mode of Transport
- Main Destination Markets
- Outbound Tourist Expenditure
- Average Spending Per Trip
- Destination Focus: United States
- Destination Focus: Indonesia
- Visa Policies
- Market Data
- About Canadean
List Of Tables
Table 1 Key Statistics, 2016
Table 2: Outbound trips by purpose of visit (%)
Table 3: What device do you generally use to book your vacations abroad ?
Table 4: What device do you generally use to book your vacations abroad ?
Table 5: Outbound tourist expenditure and average spending per trip by country
Table 6: Top 5 Activities for Australians visiting US, 2015 (%)
Table 7: International departures by purpose of visit (in 000's), 2012-2021
Table 8: International departures by country (in 000's), 2012-2021
Table 9: Overnight stays (in millions), 2012-2021
Table 10: International departures by mode of transport (in 000's), 2012-2021
Table 11: Average length per outbound trip ( number of nights spent), 2012-2021
Table 12: Total outbound tourism expenditure by category (in A$ millions), 2012-2021
Table 13: Total outbound tourism expenditure by category (in US$ millions), 2012-2021
Table 14: Average outbound expenditure per resident by category (in A$), 2012-2021
Table 15: Average outbound expenditure per resident by category (in US$), 2012-2021
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Outbound trips, by purpose of visit, (in 000s)
Figure 2: Booking methods
Figure 3: Outbound Expenditure
Figure 4: Outbound and Domestic Expenditure
Figure 5: Seat sold by Airline Type
Figure 6: Outbound trips by mode of transport