GCPL dominated the powdered hair color segment, but had not managed to secure a stronghold in the faster-growing and more contemporary crème hair color format. Godrej Expert Rich Crème appeals to both existing powder color users and category first-timers, and promises an improved experience for current crème users. It also taps into key market growth parameters.
- Use Canadean Consumer's selection of successful and failed product launches and marketing campaigns from across the globe to inspire innovation.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success.
- Obtain a broader appreciation of the consumer packaged goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Why is Godrej Expert Rich Crème considered a compelling case study?
- What consumer insights underpin the brand's success?
- What can I learn from GCPL's approach to innovation and launch strategy?
- Which consumer trends and market development nuances has GCPL capitalized on?
According to GCPL, Godrej Expert Rich Crème was deemed superior to other available crème colors in blind consumer tests. In November 2013, GCPL announced 24% quarterly growth in hair colorants, qualified by the fact that Godrej Expert Rich Crème had continued to do well having completed one successful year.
The attractive margins of crème colorants in India are apparent from the powder sales value being twice that of crème, but from a usage base that was nine time larger.