Synopsis This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Canadian Savory Snacks sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Savory Snacks categories and their packaging. Scope The increasing disposable income of Canadian consumers, busy lifestyles, and a large young population base has led to greater consumption of Savory Snacks. The market is led by Potato Chips and Processed Snacks, which are high value categories, and growth is expected to be the highest in the Nuts & Seeds category. The demand for better-for-you products in Canada is expected to increase in the 2013-2018 period. Summary • The increasing disposable income of Canadian consumers, busy lifestyles, and a large young population base have led to increasing consumption of Savory Snacks.
• Indulgence and Fun & Enjoyment remain the top influential trends in the Canadian Savory Snacks Market.
• The introduction of new flavors and product innovation facilitate continued growth of Potato Chips.
• Canadian consumers are spending more and trading up to premium Savory Snacks.
• Potato Chips and Nuts & Seeds to witness increased market share during 2008-2018.
• Hypermarkets & Supermarkets are the most frequented retail outlets for the purchase of Savory Snacks in Canada. Reasons To Buy This overview of consumer and market dynamics of the Canadian Savory Snacks sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
• Macro economic analysis
• Overview —consumption habits
• Overall value —volume analysis
• Value —volume analysis by categories
• Market share analysis
• Key trends
• Private Label vs national brand penetration
• Growth analysis
• Leading retailers
• Key distribution formats by categories
• Key packaging material and type
• Top packaging closures and outers
Leading players with market share
Data Appendix & Summary Methodology List Of Tables NA List Of Figures NA