The chemicals applied for treatment of water is termed as water treatment chemicals. Furthermore, variety of chemicals used in water treatment removes the key contaminants present in the water. These chemicals offer protection from carcinogenic impact of both drinking as well as inhaling harmful chemicals. These chemicals play an eminent role in eliminating risks showering and drinking contaminated water. When harmful chemicals are removed, the water can be used for washing and are no longer embedded in the clothing.
Growing population as well as industrial operations across the world has contributed to the growth of the market. These factors have increased the need for both clean and fresh water. However, lack of awareness and reluctance to use certain chemicals has hindered the growth of this market to a greater extent. On the other hand, factors such as availability of water, the usage pattern, government regulation and concerns over removing the pollutants will create greater opportunities.
The water treatment chemical market is segmented based on type, application and geography. Type discussed during the market research study consists of coagulants and flocculants, corrosion inhibitor, chelating agents, biocides & disinfectants, scale inhibitor and others. Applications covered during the study are industrial and municipal. Regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA would experience tremendous growth.
A closer look at the competitive landscape reveals that major IT brands are busy launching solutions and generating clients in the same month itself. Prominent market players are also seen acquiring new companies or local market players to maintain their competitive edge. Other business strategies favored by the companies include constant upgradation, joint ventures and collaborations. Key market players active in the water treatment chemical market are Kemira, Air Products and Chemicals Inc., BASF SE, Lonza Group Ltd., The Dow Chemical Company, Kurita and Ashland Inc.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The market research report provides an integrated information on the major drivers, restraints and opportunities influencing the industry growth, during the forecast period.
- The study further drills down to produce data volume by components, end customers and demography.
- SWOT analysis of major brands, highlights weaknesses, strengths, opportunities and threats. The data proves effective for business owners planning on designing their marketing and branding strategies.
- Region wise business performance discussed in the market research report would be valuable for enterprises planning to explore new areas.
- The report not only examines the market dynamics but also takes a closer look at the growth rate and industrial chain structure.
- Study further weigh up on the prominent market players and what they are doing different to position their product in the already crowded marketplace.
- Assessment of upstream and downstream market also forms an important part of the report.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Coagulants and Flocculants
- Corrosion Inhibitor
- Chelating Agents
- Biocides & Disinfectants,
- Scale Inhibitor
- By Geography
- North America
- Asia -Pacific
- Air Products and Chemicals Inc.
- BASF SE
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Kurita and Ashland Inc.