Cigarettes in Bulgaria is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Bulgaria Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Volumes for 2012 were more positive with stabilization in prices rising by 6.4% to 11.6 billion pieces. However, the market contracted in 2013 as a result of the poor economic situation, rising unemployment, the public smoking ban and the prevalence of contraband.
- In June 2012, a full ban on smoking in enclosed public spaces, including restaurants and bars and near school grounds and play areas came into force. The legal age for the purchase of cigarettes is 18 years. Cigarette sales near schools are prohibited.
- The profile of contraband is expected to diminish although not significantly and duty paid sales will continue to be under pressure as a result of plans to increase excise rates annually in 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Cigarettes in Bulgaria report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Bulgaria.
- This report is the result of ERCs extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Bulgaria. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Bulgaria.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Bulgaria along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Bulgaria, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table Of Contents
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Cigarette Consumption: Legal v Contraband, 2007-2013
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Duty Paid Market Breakdown, Domestic v Imported, 2000-2013
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2014
Bulgaria Brand Family Shares, 2001-2014
Taxation and Retail Prices
Trends in Taxation Rates, 2004-2014
EU Countries, Retail Price and Tax Incidence Comparison, 2014
Retail Prices: Selected Brands, 2006-2015
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Smoking Prevalence by Age and Gender, 2008
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Imports of Cigarettes, Volume Trends, 1990-2013
Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013
Cigarette Exports, Volume Trends, 1990-2013
Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2013
Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
Bulgartabac Holding AD
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023
List Of Tables
List Of Figures