“Cigarettes in Costa Rica” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Costa Rica Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
• Costa Rica is a relatively small market for cigarettes with legitimate sales of 1.75 billion pieces in 2013.
• Until very recently cigarette consumption was relatively stable standing at 2,150 million pieces in 2011 and 2.4% above its level in 1990.
• Based on ERC's own sales estimates, contraband accounted for 15% of sales in 2012, up from 10% in 2011. Another increase to 19.9% is believed to have followed in 2013 with a rise to 20.9%, or 450 million pieces forecast for 2014.
• “Cigarettes in Costa Rica” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Costa Rica.
• This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Costa Rica. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
• This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
• This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Costa Rica.
• This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Costa Rica along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
• Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
• As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
• The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
• The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Costa Rica, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table Of Contents
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Duty Paid v Non-Duty Paid Sales, 2011-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Market Segmentation by Blend, 2000-2012
Manufacturers & Brands
Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2014
Taxation & Retail Prices
Summary of Cigarette Taxes, 2014
Index of Cigarette Prices, July 2006-September 2014
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Production & Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Cigarette Imports, 1995-2013
Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013
Cigarette Exports, 2007-2013
Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2011-2013
Tabacalera Costarricense SA
British American Tobacco Central America
Prospects & Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023
List Of Tables
List Of Figures