“Cigarettes in Dominican Republic” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Dominican Republic Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
• In 1990, annual per capita consumption was 678 pieces, with this falling to just 200 pieces in 2013. By the end of 2014, per capita consumption is expected to be down at 184 pieces.
• The cigarette sector is effectively controlled by two companies, but the leader by far is Industria de Tabaco Leon Jimenes (a 100%-owned subsidiary of PMI) with an estimated 82% of the market in 2013.
• The market rallied in 2010 and 2011 rising to 3,015 million pieces. Volumes collapsed again, by 18% in 2012, as Consumption Tax was raised. Another fall, 17.3%, followed in 2013 after another rise in Consumption Tax to take the duty paid market to 2,044million pieces, 57.5% below 1990 levels.
• “Cigarettes in Dominican Republic” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Dominican Republic.
• This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Dominican Republic. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
• This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
• This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Dominican Republic.
• This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Dominican Republic along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
• Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
• As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
• The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
• The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Dominican Republic, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table Of Contents
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Duty Paid & Non Duty Paid Sales, 2009-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Retail Sales of Cigarettes, 1993-2012
Market Breakdown: Blond v Dark Cigarettes, 2000-2013
Market Breakdown: Filter v Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2013
Manufacturers & Brands
Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2014
Brand Family Shares, 2004-2011
Taxation & Retail Prices
Cigarette Price Per Pack, 1998-2011
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Production & Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2012
Cigarette Imports, 2004-2012
Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2011
Cigarette Exports, 2000-2009
Exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2012
Philip Morris Dominicana SA
La Tabacalera C por A
Prospects & Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023
List Of Tables
List Of Figures