“Cigarettes in DR Congo” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which DR Congo Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Forecasts for 2014 are for a further 1.5% fall in sales to put the market at 6.65 billion pieces.
- Thereafter a combination of tax-induced price rises and growing non duty paid sales have begun to depress volumes. Sales fell by 1.6% in 2011, by 4.7% in 2012 and by 1.3% in 2013 to 6,750 million pieces.
- As such long term prospects remain good and legitimate cigarette sales are forecast to rise by 59.4% between 2013 and 2023 to 10.76 billion pieces. Per capita consumption is forecast to increase by 27% over the same period to 113 pieces.
- “Cigarettes in DR Congo” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in DR Congo.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across DR Congo. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industryin DR Congo.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in DR Congo along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across DR Congo, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2000-2013
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2014
Taxation and Retail Prices
Retail Prices, Selected Brands, 2008 and 2010
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Youth Smoking (Kinshasa and Lubumbashi), 2008
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2012
Société Industrielle et Agricole du Tabac Tropical (SIAT)
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023