“Cigarettes in El Salvador” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which El Salvador Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
• The legitimate cigarette market is currently estimated at 897 million pieces, a fall of 14.9% on 2012 and 43.9% down on 1990. The market has been supplied entirely by imports since 1998. Forecasts for 2014 suggest a 5.2% fall in volumes to 850 million pieces.
• Per capita consumption, based on the legitimate market, is estimated at 147 pieces in 2013. Annual per capita consumption peaked at 328 pieces in 1991, during the time when cigarettes were still manufactured locally.
• PMI overtook BAT in 2003 and saw its share grow to 64% in 2012. BAT has suffered as a result with its share down to 35.6% in 2012. Only the rise in contraband has brought a halt to PMI's rising market share.
• “Cigarettes in El Salvador” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in El Salvador.
• This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across El Salvador .The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
• This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
• This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in El Salvador.
• This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in El Salvador along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
• Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
• As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
• The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
• The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across El Salvador, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table Of Contents
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Manufacturers & Brands
Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2014
Taxation & Retail Prices
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Production & Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2012
Imports of Cigarettes, Volume & Value, 1990-2013
Imports by Country of Origin, Volume, 2000-2013
Prospects & Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023
List Of Tables
List Of Figures