“Cigarettes in Madagascar” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Madagascar Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Currently sales are estimated at 3.50 billion pieces, 77.3% above 1990 levels but down 7.9% on 2012 because of price hikes. Sales of 3.55 billion pieces are forecast for 2014, 1.4% up on 2013 levels.
- Consumption fell to 169 pieces in 2009 and was down again at 155 pieces in 2013. A reduced 153 pieces is forecast for 2014.
- Nevertheless, cigarette volumes will increase year-on-year to 5.43 billion pieces billion pieces in 2023 with stronger economic growth a major driver. Per capita sales are expected to rise to 188 pieces in 2023, 21.3% up on current levels.
- “Cigarettes in Madagascar” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Madagascar.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Madagascar.The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industryin Madagascar.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Madagascar along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Madagascar, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Market Segmentation, Filter v Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2013
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, 2000-2014
Taxation and Retail Prices
Cigarette Prices, 2008 and 2010
Cigarette Prices, 2012-2014
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Tobacco Use by Gender, 2008-09
Cigarette Smoking by Age, 2008-09
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Cigarette Imports, 1990-2013
Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2013
Cigarette Exports, 1990-2013
Exports by Country of Destination, 2011-2013
Health Warnings/Packaging Restrictions
SACIMEM (Société des Cigarettes Mélia de Madagascar) SA
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023