“Cigarettes in Nepal” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Nepal Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- The strong growth has continued since, resulting in a market of 13.15 billion pieces in 2013 with an increase to 13.48 billion pieces for 2014.
- The value of cigarette shipments was put at Rs 9,891 million in 2006/07. This compares with Rs 5,261 million in 2001/02 and Rs 3,676 million in 1996/97.
- Duty paid volumes are forecast to rise by 23.3% between 2013 and 2023 to reach 16.21 billion pieces.
- “Cigarettes in Nepal” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Nepal.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Nepal. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Nepal.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Nepal along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Nepal, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Imports v Domestically Manufactured Cigarettes, 2000-2013
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Shares, 2001-2014
Taxation and Retail Prices
Excise Duty Rates, 2008-2015
National Urban Consumer Prices, 2006/07-2010/11
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Cigarette Imports, 1990-2013
Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2009-2011
Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2009-2010
Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
Surya Nepal (Pvt) Ltd
Gorkha Lahari (Pvt) Ltd
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023