“Cigarettes in Senegal” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Senegal Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Sales in 2013 again recorded another strong increase of 21.3% to 2,432 million pieces to put the market 62% up on 1990 levels.
- Forecasts for 2014 are for a further 17.2% increase to 2,850 million pieces with recent price cuts for some cigarette brands stimulating the duty paid market.
- The market is anticipated to reach 4.85 billion pieces in 2023: 99.2% up on 2013 levels. A rapidly expanding population will result in per capita growth of 57.4% to reach 288 pieces in 2023.
- “Cigarettes in Senegal” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Senegal.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Senegal.The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industryin Senegal.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Senegal along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Senegal, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2014
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Smoking Prevalence (15+), 2009
Taxation and Retail Prices
Tax and Duties, 2014
Cigarette Prices, 2008 and 2010
Local and Imported Cigarette Prices, 2010-2014
Production and Trade
Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
Cigarette Imports, 1995-2013
Origin of Imports, 2002-2012
Cigarette Exports, 1990-2013
Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2012
MTOA (Manufacture de Tabacs de l'Ouest Africain)
Philip Morris Manufacturing Senegal
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023