“Cigarettes in Zambia” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Zambia Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Volumes were up again in 2010 by 5.3%, by a further 5.1% in 2011 and by 2.9% to 1,103 million pieces in 2012.
- Consequently, by the end of 2012, per capita consumption was 80 pieces, although with the overall market recording growth of just 1.4% in 2013, per capita rates fell back slightly - to 79 pieces, a trend which is expected to continue in 2014.
- Cigarette sales are forecast to rise from 1,118 million pieces in 2013 to 1,400 million pieces by the end of 2023. Per capita sales are, however, forecast to fall during the period - by 6.7% - as the legal market continues to be affected by the growing trade in illicit cigarettes.
- “Cigarettes in Zambia” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Zambia.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Zambia. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes Industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Zambia.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Zambia along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Zambia, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
Market Segmentation: Filter v Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2013
Manufacturers and Brands
Manufacturer Sales and Market Share, 2000-2014
Taxation and Retail Prices
Cigarette Prices (Zambia), 2008 and 2010
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Cigarette Smokers by Sex, 2007
Cigarette Smokers by Location, 2007
Smoking Prevalence, Tobacco and Cigarettes, 2009
Production and Trade
Production of Cigarettes, 1990-2013
Imports by Country of Origin, 2005-2013
British American Tobacco (Zambia) Plc
Prospects and Forecasts
Consumption Forecasts to 2023