3D printing is a process of producing three dimensional objects using printing machine. A digital file is an input given to printing machine. 3D printer is a type of industrial robot which provides innovative designing and high levels of adaptability. It has the ability to manufacture parts without expensive tooling. 3D printing is used to print spare parts in automotive, aerospace, and military applications. 3D printed spare parts offer high tolerance to temperature and pressure.
Reduction in costs & time of rapid prototyping and government investments in 3D printing-related R & D projects are key factors driving the growth of the global 3D printing automotive market. However, high cost, standardization issues of 3D printing materials, and lack of standardized process control are factors hindering growth of the market. On the other hand, untapped markets for 3D printing applications create opportunities for growth.
The global 3D printing automotive market is segmented based on technology, materials, application, and geography. The technologies covered in the report are SLA, SLS, FDM, EBM, LOM, and 3DIP. The application segment is classified into prototyping & tooling, R & D, and manufacturing. Materials included in the report are metals and polymers. The market is segmented geographically into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and LAMEA.
The prominent manufacturers operating in the market are 3D Systems Corporation, Autodesk, Arcam AB, Stratasys Inc., Voxeljet AG, ExOne, Hoganas AB, Optomec Inc., Local Motors, and Ponoko Ltd. These manufacturers have implemented various strategies, such as partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, expansions, joint ventures, and others to strengthen their position in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers an in-depth analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the global 3D printing automotive market.
- This report offers an extensive quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis has been done in this report by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2015 and 2020.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of the current and future market status of the global 3D printing automotive market.
- An in-depth analysis of key strategies adopted by leading manufacturers discussed in the report provides an understanding about the competitive scenario.
- An extensive analysis of current research and clinical developments within the global 3D printing automotive market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps in understanding the behaviour of the market.
- The global 3D printing automotive market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and LAMEA.
3D PRINTING AUTOMOTIVE KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- 3D Printing Automotive Market By Technology
- 3D Printing Automotive Market By Material
- 3D Printing Automotive Market By Application
- Prototyping & Tooling
- R & D
- Manufacturing 3D Printing Automotive Market By Geography
- North America
Key Market Players:
- 3D Systems Corporation
- Arcam AB
- Stratasys Inc.
- Voxeljet AG
- Hoganas AB
- Optomec Inc.
- Local Motors
- Ponoko Ltd