3D sensors find number of applications in different industry verticals such as consumer electronics, healthcare, industrial robotics, automotive, security and surveillance, among many others. 3D sensors consist of devices which respond to external environment in 3-dimension by creating 3D maps of the users surrounding. The sensor is a combination of different sensing elements such as ultrasound, TOF, and structured light technologies. With the increasing demand for gesture analysis application, 3D sensor plays an important role in enhancing the performance and efficiency of a large complex system in sectors such as automotive and electronics.
Continued advancements in camera technology and demand for 3D sensors in 3D gaming technology are important factors driving the growth of the market. High maintenance & restoration cost of 3D sensor technology is a key market challenge. The application of 3D motion detection for indoor navigation, especially in media applications using cameras and making 3D sensor compatible with nanotechnology across a range of applications offer major growth prospects for the market.
The 3D sensor market is segmented on the basis of type, technology, applications, and geography. Based on technology, the market is segmented into stereo vision, structured light, time of flight, and ultrasound. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into image sensor, CMOS 3D image sensor, position sensor, acoustic sensor, and accelerometer sensor and others. The CMOS 3D image sensor market is further segmented into 3D electro-optical image sensor and 3D time of flight image sensor. On the basis of applications, the market is further segmented into healthcare, consumer electronics, defense, industrial robotics, automotive, entertainment, surveillance & security, and others. Based on geography, the market is segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America and Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
Some of the key players operating in this market space include Omnivision Technologies, Infineon Technologies, LMI Technologies, PrimeSense, Cognex Corporation, SoftKinetic, Pmdtechnologies GmbH, IFM Electronic, and Occipital Inc.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future market trends and emerging avenues for the growth of 3D sensor market
- The report offers an overview of changing market dynamics in terms of fast turn-around analysis of stakeholders responses to recent industry policy changes and market trends
- The report offers an insight into competitive landscape in terms of new technological developments, untapped segments, and value chain analysis
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key market players, and highlights market share of key vendors
3D SENSOR MARKETKEY SEGMENTS:
- World 3D Sensors Market - By Technology
- Stereo Vision
- Structured Light
- Time of Flight
- World 3D Sensors Market - By Type
- Image Sensor
- CMOS 3D Image Sensor
- 3D Electro-Optical Image Sensors
- 3D Time of Flight Image Sensor
- Position Sensor
- Acoustic Sensor
- Accelerometer Sensor
- World 3D Sensors Market - By Applications
- Consumer Electronics
- Industrial Robotics
- Surveillance & Security
- World 3D Sensors Market - By Geography
- North America
- Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA)
- Omnivision Technologies
- Infineon Technologies
- LMI Technologies
- Cognex Corporation
- Pmdtechnologies GmbH
- IFM Electronic
- Occipital Inc.