Ahlstrom Corporation (AHL1V) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Ahlstrom Corporation (Ahlstrom) carries out research and development, production and distribution of high performance fiber materials. It offers products for a wide range of industries including building and decoration, energy and environment, food, beverage and household, medical care and life sciences, and transportation. Its product portfolio includes flooring, furniture laminates, indoor air quality, masking tape, acoustic ceiling, decorative surface, and plasterboard, substrate for outdoor advertisement, facemask and high performance medical consumables, among others. Apart from standard products, the company also offers customized products that meet the requirements specific applications. The company commercializes its products through an extensive distribution network in countries in Europe, Americas, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the world. Ahlstrom is headquartered in Helsinki, Finland.
Ahlstrom Corporation Key Recent Developments
Nov 19, 2015: Ahlstrom further simplifies its business structure to increase market and customer focus and announces changes in the executive management team
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table Of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Ahlstrom Corporation - Key Facts 6
Ahlstrom Corporation - Key Employees 7
Ahlstrom Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
Ahlstrom Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
Ahlstrom Corporation - History 11
Ahlstrom Corporation - Company Statement 16
Ahlstrom Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Section 2 – Company Analysis 19
Ahlstrom Corporation - Business Description 19
Ahlstrom Corporation - Corporate Strategy 20
Ahlstrom Corporation - SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis - Overview 21
Ahlstrom Corporation - Strengths 21
Strength - Technology Base 21
Strength - Global Manufacturing Network 21
Strength - Strong Support: Filteration Business 21
Ahlstrom Corporation - Weaknesses 22
Weakness - Operational Issues 22
Ahlstrom Corporation - Opportunities 23
Opportunity - Business Restructuring 23
Opportunity - Automotive Industry: Asia 23
Opportunity - Demand for Hospital Disposables 23
Ahlstrom Corporation - Threats 24
Threat - Raw Material Price Fluctuations 24
Threat - Highly Competitive Market 24
Threat - Regulatory Environment 24
Ahlstrom Corporation - Key Competitors 25
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 31
Ahlstrom Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 32
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 33
Nov 19, 2015: Ahlstrom further simplifies its business structure to increase market and customer focus and announces changes in the executive management team 33
Section 5 – Appendix 34
Ratio Definitions 34
About GlobalData 38
Contact Us 38
List Of Tables
List of Tables
Ahlstrom Corporation, Key Facts 6
Ahlstrom Corporation, Key Employees 7
Ahlstrom Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
Ahlstrom Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
Ahlstrom Corporation, History 11
Ahlstrom Corporation, Subsidiaries 17
Ahlstrom Corporation, Key Competitors 25
Ahlstrom Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 26
Ahlstrom Corporation, Annual Ratios 27
Ahlstrom Corporation, Interim Ratios 30
Ahlstrom Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 32
Currency Codes 34
Capital Market Ratios 34
Equity Ratios 35
Profitability Ratios 35
Cost Ratios 36
Liquidity Ratios 36
Leverage Ratios 37
Efficiency Ratios 37
Lisst Of Figures
List of Figures
Ahlstrom Corporation, Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 29
Ahlstrom Corporation, Ratio Charts 31