The success story of the Australian baby food market has been finger foods; where sales rose by 11.3% in 2014, while volume was also up by 4.4%. The lead of the sector is hotly contested between Heinz (which has a marginal lead in value terms) and Rafferty's Garden (which is ahead in volume). Only Organic is also significant in the sector, ranking third with nearly 17% of value sales. In Spain Fruit-based jars represent 34.5% of the baby meals sector. Plum is clear market leader in the organic baby food sector, and gained distribution and share in the first quarter of the year in the USA.
- Sales of milks through grocery and drug market outlets only rose by 36% in 2014. Volumes rose by 23%, largely as a result of the continuing growth in demand from China, while a double-digit price increase also boosted sales.
- According to Retail World's latest annual survey, the grocery market for baby food excluding infant formula managed a marginal 0.5% increase in 2014. However, volume was down by 4.5%, with a changing product mix in favor of lightweight but expensive finger foods boosting value and depressing volume.
- In Danone's first quarter of 2015, Early Life Nutrition sales rose by 18.6% or 11.6% on a like-for-like basis, with a 4.4% like-for-like increase in volume and a 7.2% price increase. The company reports that all regions put in solid performances, with double-digit growth in Europe, Asia (excluding China), Latin America and the Middle East.
“Baby Nutrition Insights - Issue 24”, is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed information on the key markets in the Baby Food industry.
What else does this report offer?
- Market profile based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Baby Food industry globally.
- Detailed company profiles, highlighting key focus product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior to identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation
- Analyse the current and forecast market position of the brands to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
Table Of Contents
Alimentación y Nutrición Familiar
Best Health Products
China Huishan Dairy
Dairy Goat Cooperative
IOI Loders Croklaan
New Hope Dairy
List Of Tables
Table 1: Russia: Breakdown of Baby Food Sales, 2014
Table 2: Abbott Laboratories: Financial Highlights, First Quarter 2014 and 2015
Table 3: Biostime: Financial Highlights, 2013 and 2014
Table 4: Danone: Financial Highlights, First Quarter 2014 and 2015
Table 5: Mead Johnson: Breakdown of Sales and Earnings by Region, First Quarter 2014 and 2015
Table 6: Nestlé: Financial Highlights, First Quarter 2014 and 2015
Table 7: Synutra: Financial Highlights, Fiscal 2014 and 2015
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Australia: Baby Food Market Segmentation, 2014
Figure 2: Australia: Wet Meals Manufacturer Shares, 2012 - 2014
Figure 3: Australia: Finger Foods Manufacturer Shares, 2014
Figure 4: Germany: Infant Formula Manufacturer Shares, 2013 and 2014