This report is a thorough analysis of Chiles Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
• Independent market sizing of Chile HNWIs across five wealth bands
• HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2010 to 2014
• HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2019
• HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
• Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
• Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2010-2014)
• Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
• This report is the result of WealthInsights extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Chile.
• The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2010 and the end of 2014. This enables us to determine how well the countrys HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
Reasons To Buy
• The Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Chile 2015 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
• With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
• Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2019.
• Chilean HNWIs held 38.4% (US$100.5 billion) of their wealth outside their home country in 2014, while the global average is 20-30%.
• Foreign asset holdings are expected to increase to US$137.9 billion by 2019, accounting for 37.2% of the countrys total HNWI assets.
• Latin America accounted for 56.4% of Chilean HNWIs foreign assets in 2014. It was followed by North America with 19.3%, the Asia-Pacific with 12.8%, Europe with 7.9%, Africa with 2.5% and the Middle East with 1.1%.
• Chilean HNWI allocations to Europe decreased sharply compared with other regions during the review period, from 11.8% in 2010 to 7.9% in 2014.
• WealthInsight expects HNWIs to reduce their level of investment in Europe over the forecast period, to reach 5.8% of foreign HNWI assets by 2019, with investments increasing in Asia-Pacific and Latin America, due to growing confidence in their economies.
Table Of Contents
1.1 Details of this Report
2 Executive Summary
3 Chile Key Facts
4 Distribution of Wealth in Chile
4.1 HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
5 Competitive Landscape
5.1 Additional Components of the Wealth Sector in Chile
5.1.1 Domestic private banks
5.1.2 Foreign private banks
5.1.3 Wealth managers
5.1.4 Family offices
6.1 Key Drivers
6.1.1 CLP to US$ exchange rate
6.1.2 Real GDP growth
6.1.3 Per capita GDP
6.1.4 Domestic market capitalization
6.1.5 Commodity index
6.1.6 Foreign direct investments (FDI) - inflows and outflows
6.1.7 Inflation rate
6.1.8 Interest rate
6.1.9 Balance of payments
6.1.10 Government debt
6.1.11 Stock market performance
6.2 Wealth Breakdowns
7 About WealthInsight
List Of Tables
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: Leading Domestic Private Banks in Chile by AuM (US$), 2014
Table 3: CLP to US$ Exchange Rate, 2010-2019
Table 4: Chilean Real GDP Growth (%), 2010-2019
Table 5: Chilean GDP Per Capita (US$), 2010-2019
Table 6: Chilean Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Table 7: Chilean Commodity Indices, 2010-2019
Table 8: Chilean Foreign Direct Investments (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
Table 9: Chilean Inflation Rate (%), 2010-2019
Table 10: Chilean Money Market Rate (%), 2010-2019
Table 11: Chilean Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Table 12: Chilean Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2010-2019
Table 13: Chilean Stock Market Performance (Index), 2010-2014
Table 14: Chilean HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio (%), 2010-2019
Table 15: Chile - Appendix One
Table 16: Chile - Appendix Two
List Of Figures
Figure 1: HNWI Wealth Band Definitions
Figure 2: Map of Chile
Figure 3: Chilean Asset Price Performance (%), 2010-2014
Figure 4: Chilean HNWI Performance (US$ Billion and HNWI Volume), 2010-2019
Figure 5: Chilean vs Global HNWIs (%), 2010-2019
Figure 6: Chilean Exchange Rate - BRL to US$, 2010-2019
Figure 7: Chilean Real GDP Growth (%), 2010-2019
Figure 8: Chilean GDP Per Capita (US$), 2010-2019
Figure 9: Chilean Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Figure 10: Chilean Commodity Indices, 2010-2019
Figure 11: Chilean Foreign Direct Investments (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
Figure 12: Chilean Inflation Rate (%), 2010-2019
Figure 13: Chilean Money Market Rate (%), 2010-2019
Figure 14: Chilean Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2010-2014
Figure 15: Chilean Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2010-2019
Figure 16: Chilean Stock Market Performance (Index), 2010-2014
Figure 17: Chilean HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio (%), 2010-2019
Figure 18: Chilean HNWIs - Volume by Wealth Band, 2010-2019
Figure 19: Chilean HNWIs - Wealth by Wealth Band (US$ Billion), 2010-2019
Figure 20: Chilean HNWIs - Wealth per Capita (US$ Million), 2010-2019